ExerciseAnti-aging, the heart, age and max heart rate.

Newage

Re: Anti-aging, the heart, age and max heart rate.

Post by Newage »

Boxcost wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 am I look forward to the opportunity of playing a game of pickleball with Ben at 105 and me at his age today then at 79, he will more than likely win as well (but I will give it a red hot go!) :)

It is not possible to live forever, everything ends! Even the universe when you zoom out far enough but inspired by people like Dr Sinclair it is nice to now experience, and see people experiencing that the ending is more likely to be a little later than expected and with good health :)

I will go one better for a sporting challenge a little closer to home. I think you are from the ACT from memory Boxcost.
10 years from now you and I will have the “coffee shop sprint” from the parking spot to the cafe, loser buys the coffee lol 😂 
I will be 80 years old and if my maths are right you about 63 or so.
” The Masters Coffee and Cake 🍰 Olympics”

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

We are just blessed to be living at this present time with all the advancements in science and anti aging! It could be possible to live well into our 100's.  :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:26 pm We are just blessed to be living at this present time with all the advancements in science and anti aging! It could be possible to live well into our 100's.  :D

Agreed drkris69 but I’m keeping everything in perspective, if it is meant to be “it will be”.
We are still all in uncharted territory and the next 10 to 20 years will tell for most of us older forum members.
I just have to be careful not to be reading the forum on my phone whilst crossing the road and be hit by a bus...lol 🤕

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Pickleball101 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:10 pm After two years on a Keto nutritional program of only fresh food, 6 hours /week of Dr. Sinclair's requirement for a "Surge type exercise program" (Pickleball played at tournament challenged level), and 250 mg NMN, 250mg NAD+ with Renue, 600 mg Resveratrol DAILY, my reset age is back from 
80 to 60. My heart rate in play surges to 140-160, calming during rest periods of every other play. I believe occasionally during hi-intense play, when
I surge up to a higher plane of play, I may be at 180+. No dizziness, no ill effects. Adrenaline and testosterone pumping for up to 10 minutes to win.
That's the promise of Dr. Sinclairs research, and I AM Living It!
Ben, 79 AbyS 2 years.

Noting the maximum heart rate formula as defined by the American College of Sports Medicine's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription (8th edition, 2009) which is Theoretical Maximum Heart Rate = 206.9 - (0.67 X age) means that if you are doing 160 beats per minute your heart's biological age is 70 years. If indeed you are doing 180 beats at any point then your biological age is down to 40 years!!!
Congratulations on clearly turning the biological clock backwards for your heart!

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Very cool Robsmith..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Newage wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:23 pm
drkris69 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:26 pm We are just blessed to be living at this present time with all the advancements in science and anti aging! It could be possible to live well into our 100's.  :D

Agreed drkris69 but I’m keeping everything in perspective, if it is meant to be “it will be”.
We are still all in uncharted territory and the next 10 to 20 years will tell for most of us older forum members.
I just have to be careful not to be reading the forum on my phone whilst crossing the road and be hit by a bus...lol 🤕

LOL Newage! You always make chuckle mate!

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Newage wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:39 pm
Boxcost wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 am I look forward to the opportunity of playing a game of pickleball with Ben at 105 and me at his age today then at 79, he will more than likely win as well (but I will give it a red hot go!) :)

It is not possible to live forever, everything ends! Even the universe when you zoom out far enough but inspired by people like Dr Sinclair it is nice to now experience, and see people experiencing that the ending is more likely to be a little later than expected and with good health :)

I will go one better for a sporting challenge a little closer to home. I think you are from the ACT from memory Boxcost.
10 years from now you and I will have the “coffee shop sprint” from the parking spot to the cafe, loser buys the coffee lol 😂 
I will be 80 years old and if my maths are right you about 63 or so.
” The Masters Coffee and Cake 🍰 Olympics”

Your on newage :D

We just have to avoid any bus coming our way!

Also if this guy Klaus can do it at 100 (am I reading no mention of supplements, etc) we all have a good shot at powering to well over 100 + with a little help from ABS  see: https://www.outsideonline.com/2417309/d ... awn-patrol

Newage

Post by Newage »

Pencil it into your diary 10 years from now Boxcost.
Manuka or Kingston coffee shops will be the go...🍰☕️ the trophy.
JohnnySilver

Post by JohnnySilver »

About the Max Heart rate, i always wear a garmin watch paired with a chest strap heart monitor ( more accurate than wrist based hrm) to know my heart rate zones while im exercising/training. It determines the different ‘zones’ of your heart rate including the max based on the personal data you input particularly your age.

im 46 but i am using 27 as my age on the watch. Makes me 20 years younger already 😁
Newage

Post by Newage »

Heart Rate Monitors are an important tool for training and exercise but can also be a “Crutch” and give the person a reason not to push themselves. Also HR Monitors have been known to occasionally spike from outside influences and give you an incorrect reading.
The fitter you are the lower your heart rate during maximum effort along with your sleeping HR.
The true reading from resting (asleep) to maximum effort is by way of a 24 hour Holter Monitor that will not be compromised.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic