NMNNo effects?

tbobb213

No effects?

Post by tbobb213 »

Hey everyone, 

I'm a 32 year old, healthy male. I'm exercising 4-7x a week and doing Intermittent Fasting (16/8) both since around 10-12 years. My nutrition is balanced and on the healthy side. 

I'm taking 0,75-1g NMN sublingual powder (together with 1g TMG and 500mg of Resveratrol) since 6 weeks daily. It is under my tongue for 10-15 mins.

However, I don't seem to get any benefits from it. At least, I don't feel like I have more energy, better sleep, more endurance or any other of the often mentioned benefits. Does anyone have an idea why that could be the case? It feels like I'm paying a lot but a substance that I might not need (yet)? 

Thanks a lot in advance
Tbobb

RobSmith

Re: No effects?

Post by RobSmith »

I think you hit the nail on the head when you say you might not need it yet.
Given you've been doing all the exercise and fasting for over a decade already and you are only 32 y.o. it probably means your biological age is still in your 20's and therefore I'd guess your body has 100% of the NAD+ it needs for it's requirements without the need for any supplementation. 
That's only my guess - some people don't feel any effect for months or even up to a year. 
If you have powder left, if I were you, I'd just do 125mg a day until it's gone and if I still don't notice any effect I wouldn't bother. Maybe revisit then in 5 years from now.
Otherwise keep up your fantastic life extending regime. 
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yeah thats what Im thinking as well, you might not need these molecules just yet.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

It took me 3-4 months to actually feel a difference with NMN, but with NAD+ (nasal spray) i noticed the effects almost immediately.

However, like the other 2 responders, i also think you are at the age where you just may not need much NMN yet. If you are a highly active fit 32 year old with great eating habits.. you are likely at your physical peak.

what I would suggest is taking between 100 and 125 mg per day 5 days per week. Imagine getting to your physical peak and never leaving. Imagine staying right where you are!

I don't know what others think, but I don't see it hurting. Your body may be producing 100% of the NAD+ you need or it may be producing 95%. why not make sure you are at the maximum?

If you see what else we are taking, you may want to consider adding small amounts of other things also.

Lucky you! :)

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

I always thought my endurance training and stamina peaked between 28 and 32.  So I agree, you might not improve, but should maintain at a high level.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

I agree!  You probably don't need it quite yet like us oldies (speaking for myself), haha!  :D

​​​​​

guy

Post by guy »

you probably don;t need it - at 32 your nad levels are already high

give it another 20 years and you'll notice its effects
Newage

Post by Newage »

guy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:47 pm you probably don;t need it - at 32 your nad levels are already high

I compare the human body to a motor vehicle.
If you do not keep topping it up with fuel
(NMN / NAD+) you will eventually run out and as the vehicle gets older the ongoing maintenance becomes more important..

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Newage wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:19 pm
guy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:47 pm you probably don;t need it - at 32 your nad levels are already high

I compare the human body to a motor vehicle.
If you do not keep topping it up with fuel
(NMN / NAD+) you will eventually run out and as the vehicle gets older the ongoing maintenance becomes more important..

Indeed - sometimes one might not notice any effects but that doesn't mean to say it isn't doing any good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic