NMN80+ and frail: what dose do you think is best for this group?

NewLifeScience

80+ and frail: what dose do you think is best for this group?

Post by NewLifeScience »

I would love to hear from some of our experts here, and those with strong opinions.

What maximum dose would you be comfortable giving an 80 plus loved one?

Knowing that methyl groups can be maintained with occasional Vitamin B 12 (Methylcobalamin) and Follate.

How high would you be comfortable going?

canadahealthy

Re: 80+ and frail what dose do you think is best

Post by canadahealthy »

You also may want to include LSG Fisetin. The major study for frailty with senolytics features fisetin.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03430037

I give my mother 500mg daily 5 days per week. I know that is the sweet spot for me, and I am tempted to give her more, but I keep it at that level and make sure she gets the occasional B13 and folate methyl groups.
Last edited by canadahealthy on Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pickleball101

Re: 80+ and frail what dose do you think is best

Post by Pickleball101 »

to NewLifeScience:
After knelling down at 77 and rolling over to sit up, unable, I rolled over to push up on all fours. Couldn't do it.
It's not the maximum dose of anything that resolves frailty. It's a combination of many things you must do first
to allow NMN to be effective and restore your health, strength, cellular immunity, and anti aging.

The first is a determination to correct what's Not working with Out Patient surgery. It took me 10, over two years.
Then my body would function in harmony to allow the fuel of a keto nutritional program to bring the necessary
ingredients to the cells, to nourish them back to health, once I started taking 500 mg / day minimum NMN sl. This
turned the switch on again, for the tired cells in my body, that were degenerating the fastest , from aging. They
had forgotten how to do this. But the hard part is providing them with the surge type of exercise (Pickleball for me)
of 4-6 hours /week to bring the kettle back up to a boil for muscle rebuilding with the earlier preparations.

You have to push back through the accumulated aches, pains and fatigue of letting your self age , to acquire the
body, mind and spirit of a person 20 years younger. It's HARD work, but after 6 months or so, you start winning
ground, and now, after three years , just past 80, I'm on my way to a 100, feeling 60 again.
This was not possible before NMN. Dr. David Sinclair's no wizard, but a scientist of proven results, only if this regime
is followed. There is no "magic pill" or amount taken of NMN alone that will do this.

If you want to avoid the cellular degeneration after 60, that issues in degenerative diseases that kill most people, in
miserable ways, this is the Only known way to live the full 100 years our bodies are made to achieve, in a healthy, active,
productive way, with full cognitive enjoyment.

Join me in this challenge, as I'm the oldest in the Forum, and need an inspirational partner. Who knows, when you're 
ready, we could enjoy a game of Pickleball, at tournament level that I now enjoy.

Ben , 80. three years ABS products. 250mg NMNsl +250mg NAD+ powder with Renue, 500Mg Reversatrol, DAILY

POST SCRIPT:
Jocko and Forum Group,
My apologies to NewLifeScience and his 80 year old mom. I did not know who he was talking about before I wrote this article to
encourage others to follow Dr. David Sinclairs suggestions in his recent book LIFESPAN, that offered my stated path from his guidance.
It surely may be impossible for a frail parent, but Jocko is right in offering NMN in 500-1000Mg daily dosages to at least improve their
health and immunity. The promises of LIPO delivery are even more encouraging. I plan on trying some after May 1 availability, and will
report my findings.
Ben 80, on to 100.  250Mg NMN sl+ 250 NAD+ powder with Renue, and 600 Resveratrol DAILY

jessicaP

Re: 80+ and frail: what dose do you think is best for this group?

Post by jessicaP »

From what I have been reading, a number of us have elderly parents, anyewhere between 500 - 1000mg is ok as long as you consider the methyl groups.

I do think that Fisetin is worth a shot, particularly as you mention frailty, resveratrol, and some senolytics, (even Olive Oil can help). I imagine your mother may take a good deal of pills, so it may be challenging for her to take more.  But we know NMN works great with Resveratrol and Senolytics.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Hi Ben
Listen, no need to apologise. I appreciate very much your sincere words and passed on your sentiment to my mother.

And your passion about this topic is moving and inspiring. I want to acknowledge that, and thank you.

I like to keep this topic relevent for NMN and anti-aging technology for people who fall into the elderly category, because if we can help improve the quality of life for anyone of age, particularly someone who struggles with frailty in its varying forms - well then I think should.

And if we should, i think as a group it is nice to get a consensus of how best to approach it safely.

And you make a good point. It's one thing to provide supplements and capsules for a loved one. It's quite another when they take hold of the issue for themselves and get more engaged.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I agree that the Liposomal Timed Release capsules at 500mg per day would be just right.

The SL tablets, in this case 4 of them may be too much for someone frail to be taking properly.

The capsules are a big winner.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I would say a daily dose of 500 to 1000mgs. I would start with 500mgs and work up to 1000mgs. The older the patient the better and they would benefit more due to their mitochondria not working as efficiently. NMN would give them more energy for their daily task.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:46 pm I would say a daily dose of 500 to 1000mgs. I would start with 500mgs and work up to 1000mgs. The older the patient the better and they would benefit more due to their mitochondria not working as efficiently. NMN would give them more energy for their daily task.

Sounds about right but we must not forget that every individual is different and most elderly people have underlying health issues.
What is “good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander” so strengths of NMN and NAD+ will differ.
I don’t see myself as a normal 70 year old and it seems Pickleball thinks the same way at 80 years. Mindset has to be also taken into account.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

It sure does! They just need to find their sweet spot.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I guess the point is whether 500mg and up to 1000 mg is safe to take for frail elderly people. and what I am hearing is that it is ok, provided the methyl groups are accounted for in case of excretion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic