NMNNMNs has TMG? Had no idea.

rhett

NMNs has TMG? Had no idea.

Post by rhett »

As I was putting my NMN bottle back in the cabinet this morning, I noticed that every NMNs tablet now has 25mg TMG in it. Has this always been there? Had no idea! I've been taking extra TMG for the methyl donors but now I'm wondering if I need to or if the 25mg is enough.

NewLifeScience

Re: NMNs has TMG? Had no idea.

Post by NewLifeScience »

This is good to know. I would still occasionally take B12 and folate, but I am glad ABS has our backs if we are taking more NMN that we can absorb.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

No, not always in there. They slipped in 25mg about a year ago, the SLC capsule also has 100mg to 250mg NMN.

I think as a more "complete product" its a good idea and helpful. As an exmaple I can get my 78 YO dad to supplement with the ABS sublingual tablet i.e. "I like them" but getting TMG and much else is a challenge - in my dad's case its again helpful in keeping methyl donors in check at a minimum. 

rhett

Post by rhett »

Does the ratio of tmg to nmn seem to be about right? Maybe I don’t need to take my tmg separately. 
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

rhett wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:35 pm Does the ratio of tmg to nmn seem to be about right? Maybe I don’t need to take my tmg separately. 

The general advice I have seen and follow is to take a similar amount. So if you take 1G of NMN suggestion is 1G of TMG.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Boxcost wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:48 pm
rhett wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:35 pm Does the ratio of tmg to nmn seem to be about right? Maybe I don’t need to take my tmg separately. 

The general advice I have seen and follow is to take a similar amount. So if you take 1G of NMN suggestion is 1G of TMG.

Yes that's correct.  1 to 1 ratio of NMN to TMG.

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

jocko6889 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:29 am
Boxcost wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:48 pm

Yes that's correct.  1 to 1 ratio of NMN to TMG.

Ok this is news to me.

So if I am taking B12 as methylcobalamin and folate, i should still also be taking a matching dose of TMG?

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

I'd also like to know what is recommended as far as TMG, when you are already taking b12 and folate.

Joe
Newage

Post by Newage »

smokinjoe wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm I'd also like to know what is recommended as far as TMG, when you are already taking b12 and folate.

Joe

I think I remember Jocko saying some time ago that David Sinclair changed from TMG to B12 and Folate. From memory the reason wasn’t given. If both supplements work in synergy with each other then it may not hurt to take both.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Newage wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:42 pm
smokinjoe wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm I'd also like to know what is recommended as far as TMG, when you are already taking b12 and folate.

Joe

I think I remember Jocko saying some time ago that David Sinclair changed from TMG to B12 and Folate. From memory the reason wasn’t given. If both supplements work in synergy with each other then it may not hurt to take both.

Your B12 and methyl folate would count towards the total amount of methyl groups to offset NAD+ boosters.  Yes, Sinclair did switch to methyl B12 and methyl folate but TMG works, too.  The problem I had with B12 and methyl folate is that they didn't come in large milligram quantities, so you'd have to take a lot of capsules and in my opinion, TMG works just fine, is cheap, and 1 capsule per day is all you need.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic