NMNNMN + Yogurt + Olive Oil

dougiegoingdeep

NMN + Yogurt + Olive Oil

Post by dougiegoingdeep »

I know David Sinclair mixes NMN with yogurt and takes Resveratrol, however instead of Resveratrol I'd like to substitute Olive Oil which have been shown to activate the longevity enzyme SIRT1 in the same way.

My question though is this. I'd like to pre-mix everything for a two week regiment.  Take the yogurt and measure out the NMN and olive oil. So every morning, I just eat a tablespoon or so (I have to figure out the amounts) and I'm done.

Is there any reason to think there would be some degradation in pre-mixing?

jocko6889

Re: NMN + Yogurt + Olive Oil

Post by jocko6889 »

dougiegoingdeep wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:42 pm I know David Sinclair mixes NMN with yogurt and takes Resveratrol, however instead of Resveratrol I'd like to substitute Olive Oil which have been shown to activate the longevity enzyme SIRT1 in the same way.

My question though is this. I'd like to pre-mix everything for a two week regiment.  Take the yogurt and measure out the NMN and olive oil. So every morning, I just eat a tablespoon or so (I have to figure out the amounts) and I'm done.

I think degradation is a possibility and is why Sinclair mixes it daily.

Newage

Post by Newage »

dougiegoingdeep wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:42 pm I know David Sinclair mixes NMN with yogurt and takes Resveratrol, however instead of Resveratrol I'd like to substitute Olive Oil which have been shown to activate the longevity enzyme SIRT1 in the same way.

Almost all supplements and powders degrade a lot faster when any liquid is added to the mix.
Advice given to me some time ago by a compounding Pharmacist.  🤔

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

that is a nice mix...

I recently restocked up on Resveratrol after 6 months and still take Olive oil daily.

Olive Oil is a great discovery.

dougiegoingdeep

Newage wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:34 pmAlmost all supplements and powders degrade a lot faster when any liquid is added to the mix.

But what type of degradation is really going to occur? It'll still be in the fridge. We're not really talking about a very long time either. Could pre-mix it for a week or two weeks in advance.

Alive by Science offers Liposomal Sublingual Gel. Obviously that's pre-mixed in a bottle. 

Newage

Post by Newage »

dougiegoingdeep wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 pm
Newage wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:34 pmAlmost all supplements and powders degrade a lot faster when any liquid is added to the mix.

But what type of degradation is really going to occur? It'll still be in the fridge. We're not really talking about a very long time either. Could pre-mix it for a week or two weeks in advance.

Alive by Science offers Liposomal Sublingual Gel. Obviously that's pre-mixed in a bottle. 

Without being able to measure the ongoing strength of the active ingredients it is anyone’s guess to know “ how strong for how long “ and most supplements and foods degrade at different rates over time. Refrigeration will obviously lengthen the degradation time along with different preserving additives.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Newage wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 pm
dougiegoingdeep wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 pm

Without being able to measure the ongoing strength of the active ingredients it is anyone’s guess to know “ how strong for how long “ and most supplements and foods degrade at different rates over time. Refrigeration will obviously lengthen the degradation time along with different preserving additives.

I know any cooking oil can turn especially if exposed to different temperatures repeatedly. So I would make the preparation daily.

ShogunX

Post by ShogunX »

I have been doing the same for breakfast, a little yogurt (gut microbiome) and I add olive oil. I add other items when I'm going to exercise as a tablespoon or two of yogurt is not enough.

Once my resveratrol is out, I'm just going to consume NMN plus olive oil on a daily basis.
dougiegoingdeep

Newage wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 pm

So basically you have no idea. I'm looking for a response of someone who does, not guesses.

Based on studies:
"NMN appears to be stable in water; in one study 93%–99% of NMN was maintained intact in drinking water at room temperature for 7–10 days" 

...And that's room temperature. The refrigerator is going to improve that timeline. Considering yogurt is 88% water, it's likely fine to hold in the fridge for at least a week. 

Newage

Post by Newage »

Only trying to help.
Good luck with your question..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic