SenolyticsNew Mayo Clinic Human Trial More Than Doubles Fisetin Protocol Dose

jocko6889

New Mayo Clinic Human Trial More Than Doubles Fisetin Protocol Dose

Post by jocko6889 »

One of the hallmarks of aging is the accumulation of senescent or "zombie" cells. Senescent cells are cells which have reached their maximum cellular division (40 to 60 divisions, also known as the "Hayflick limit"), at which time cells normally undergo apoptosis, a type of programmed cellular death.

As we age, though these senescent cells do not always die off and instead continue to hang around, secreting toxins and influencing cells around them to become senescent (hence the nickname "zombie cells"), which cause inflammation in the body. The accumulation of inflammation leads to more rapid aging.

One of the best known senolytics (substances that can kill senescent cells) is Fisetin, a natural flavinoid. In a new study by the Mayo Clinic called "Targeting Cellular Senescence With Senolytics to Improve Skeletal Health in Older Humans", they substantially increased the amount of Fisetin used to eliminate senescent cells from that used in previous studies (called the Mayo Clinic Fisetin protocol).

The new Mayo Clinic protocol for elimination of senescent cells using Fisetin was increased as follows:

20 mg/kg/day (this is equivalent to around 1,800mg per day for an average 180lb person) for 3 consecutive days, resting one month, then repeating this procedure of 3 days on, one month off for 5 months total. This is a substantial increase over their previous protocol of 2 days on, one month off for only 2 months, showing Fisetin is safe and effective at even higher doses than previously known.

Link to Mayo Clinic study:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04313634

Newage

Re: New Mayo Clinic Human Trial More Than Doubles Fisetin Protocol Dose

Post by Newage »

Thanks Jocko.
I think I am going to do this every month for at least six months straight.
2/3 consecutive days each month @ 20 to 25 pumps per day of AliveByScience Fisetin.
It makes sense to me to do it on a regular basis  to control the Zombie Cells.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Thanks Jocko
As I had zero side effects from the original protocol I'll be stocking up on the ABS Fisetin next time I place an order and trying the new one. 
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Time to order me some Fisetin!
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

drkris69 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:48 am Time to order me some Fisetin!

Here's the math I came up with.  To emulate the new Mayo Clinic protocol for Fisetin, the formula Mayo Cinic used was 20mg of Fisetin per 1 kg of weight.  That translates to about 1,800mg for a 180lb person.  To find the exact amount for your weight, you can use this pounds to kg converter:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pounds+to+kg+conversion
After getting the total number of kilograms (kg), multiply it times 20 to get the total milligrams of Fisetin you would consume per day.

Using the 180lb person and our Alive by Science Liposomal (LSG) Fisetin as an example, 

2 pumps of Fisetin gel = 75mg
There are 120 pumps per bottle

Mayo Clinic target for 185lb person would be 1,800mg of Fisetin powder per day, but Liposomal Fisetin is significantly more bioavailable, so I halved it to 900mg per day, which is equal to 24 pumps per day.

24 pumps per day equals 72 pumps per month (3 days) or 360 pumps for entire 5 month protocol
Each bottle contains 120 pumps, so 3 bottles of Alive by Science liposomal Fisetin would cover the entire 5 month protocol

Newage

Post by Newage »

“Roger that” Jocko.
24 pumps per day. 3 consecutive days per month. 5 straight months.
I think the Mayo protocol of future Fisetin intake may well end up on a consistent ongoing monthly basis. That would make sense as the Zombie Cells are always dying off and I would assume always accumulating.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Newage wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:08 pm “Roger that” Jocko.
24 pumps per day. 3 consecutive days per month. 5 straight months.
I think the Mayo protocol of future Fisetin intake may well end up on a consistent ongoing monthly basis. That would make sense as the Zombie Cells are always dying off and I would assume always accumulating.

True but you wouldn't want to kill off all senescent cells as they are also partly responsible for healing wounds.  What would be ideal would be to periodically check your inflammation levels, a sign of any excess cellular senescence.  I had been using the insidetracker.com InnerAge test, which measured hs-CRP levels, a good indicator of levels of inflammation but they recently revised the test and I'm not sure it's still available.  May have to order it a-la-carte through my primary care physician. 

Newage

Post by Newage »

That is the way that I monitor my inflammatory markers every 6 months by my blood work results by way of my primary General Practitioner.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Newage wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:51 am That is the way that I monitor my inflammatory markers every 6 months by my blood work results by way of my primary General Practitioner.

Good!  Every 6 months is perfect!

rhett

Post by rhett »

Good to see this, I was a little concerned taking a whole bottle of fisetin in 2 days but I didn’t have any ill effects. Apparently it’s safe to go even higher. 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic