SenolyticsNew Mayo Clinic Human Trial More Than Doubles Fisetin Protocol Dose

drkris69

Re: New Mayo Clinic Human Trial More Than Doubles Fisetin Protocol Dose

Post by drkris69 »

Exactly, the Fisetin caps are far more cost effective as you could run several 5 mo protocols on 1 bottle. Hmm, I need to pick up one as well... :D

lizz

Post by lizz »

Does anyone know how the ABS (or RBS) dosages for gel and powdered were established ? Were they based on initial Mayo or other lab studies ? I have been following recommendations, more or less, on the bottle (only gel/liquid so far) but haven't seen any particular effects. Not looking to lose weight and my inflammation score is extremely low, even with a hand that needs resting (coming off a mild case of carpal tunnel). Thanks !  
kathleenmatthews

Post by kathleenmatthews »

Chris wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:03 am Hi,
I'm about to try the Mayo Protocol. Is there any data that shows which product is better?  Any anecdotal evidence from someone who has tried both?
1. LIPO Fisetin – Powdered Liposomal
or
2. Fisetin LIPO Gel – 150 mL

Thanks,
Chris

Hi- I just received my Powdered Lipo Fisetin capsules, and completed the first three days of month one of five.  What I can say, after previously doing the protocol with the gel, is that the capsules are SO much easier than the gel (for me).  They also taste better... as in no taste :-)  They are also less expensive overall.  I am just trusting that the powder is as effective as the gel.  That is the extent of my data so far.
Kathleen

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

lizz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:48 pm Does anyone know how the ABS (or RBS) dosages for gel and powdered were established ? Were they based on initial Mayo or other lab studies ? I have been following recommendations, more or less, on the bottle (only gel/liquid so far) but haven't seen any particular effects. Not looking to lose weight and my inflammation score is extremely low, even with a hand that needs resting (coming off a mild case of carpal tunnel). Thanks !  

RBS dosages are calculated from the dosages used in the Mayo Clinic human trial on fisetin along with the formula they used for how much fisetin per kilogram of weight.  We use a 190lb person as a way for people to judge relative dosage they must use, rather than make you go through all the calculations yourself.  We also skew the dosage downwards as we sell liposomal fisetin, which is 3 times more bioavailable than the regular powdered fisetin used in the Mayo study.  It's complicated but hope that clears things up.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Jasmine wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:09 am
jocko6889 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:12 pm
Jasmine wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:36 am I am so glad I found this forum, I am quite new in longevity and you helped me a lot.I just turned  40 and wanted to start fisetin , so enthusiastic after reading some people experience in reversing gray hair after a couple of months of taking fisetin (hit and run protocol). I leant from you how to check the inflammation before and after taking the supplements. So I did the hs-crp and turn out to be 0.06 mg/dl, and in the description said it is low when it is under 0.1, high risk >0.3 . When converted it to mg/l the results is 0.6It seems that mine is very low made me a bit skeptical about starting the fisetin especially after knowing that it is make you loose fat and I am only 57 kg 165 lady, I need my fat lol, what your recommendation ? By the way I ordered fisetin before I knew about the liposomal version, mibe is from dr best . Any thoughts!

If you are thin with no a lot of fat I wouldn't recommend doing the Mayo Clinic Fisetin protocol.  Fisetin gets rid of mainly adipose (fat) senescent cells, so doing the protocol when you are thin might not be wise.  You can use it in smaller, daily doses, however and it's good for keeping inflammation levels in check.  I think 250mg per day would be great for that.

Thanks jacko6889 for replying By the way I am not native english speaker so bare with me please. Would this daily dose do the same benefit of hit and run protocol for thin with low inflammation person? , and is it safe with daily NR and NMN as I am currently on these supplements daily. Regarding the reversal of gray hair with fisetin(hit and run protocol), any one noticed any result? If so do you think low daily doses of fisetin would achieve that.To be honest this is the main reason for me to start taking fisetin. Thanks everyone

I think the smaller, daily dose of around 250mg of lipo fisetin would be good for keeping inflammation in check, but it probably won't have a very strong senolytic effect (rid the body of senescent cells).  If you're thin, you won't want to do the large hit and run doses.  No one knows if either large or small doses will affect gray hair turning back to its original color.  There are no scientific studies confirming this, only anecdotal evidence.  Fisetin is okay to take with any NAD+ booster like NMN or NR.

Chris

Post by Chris »

kathleenmatthews wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:37 pm
I'm about to try the Mayo Protocol. Is there any data that shows which product is better?  Any anecdotal evidence from someone who has tried both?
or

Thanks,
Chris

Hi- I just received my Powdered Lipo Fisetin capsules, and completed the first three days of month one of five.  What I can say, after previously doing the protocol with the gel, is that the capsules are SO much easier than the gel (for me).  They also taste better... as in no taste :-)  They are also less expensive overall.  I am just trusting that the powder is as effective as the gel.  That is the extent of my data so far.
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for taking the time to answer! How many capsules did you take? Any negative side effects - with the Capsules or Gel? I'm starting the Mayo protocol with the Lipo Fisetin capsules this week.
Thanks,
Chris

lizz

Post by lizz »

jocko6889 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:57 am
lizz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:48 pm Does anyone know how the ABS (or RBS) dosages for gel and powdered were established ? Were they based on initial Mayo or other lab studies ? I have been following recommendations, more or less, on the bottle (only gel/liquid so far) but haven't seen any particular effects. Not looking to lose weight and my inflammation score is extremely low, even with a hand that needs resting (coming off a mild case of carpal tunnel). Thanks !  

RBS dosages are calculated from the dosages used in the Mayo Clinic human trial on fisetin along with the formula they used for how much fisetin per kilogram of weight.  We use a 190lb person as a way for people to judge relative dosage they must use, rather than make you go through all the calculations yourself.  We also skew the dosage downwards as we sell liposomal fisetin, which is 3 times more bioavailable than the regular powdered fisetin used in the Mayo study.  It's complicated but hope that clears things up.

Thanks. That is helpful. At 120lb I may want to cut back to 1+ pump a day for now. And plan on taking a Senescence or aging blood test (https://my.jinfiniti.com/products/) test soon for a more specific recommendation. The IC NAD+ Test  home test kit at RBS is one I use all the time when deciding on a new NMN product or dosage. 
kathleenmatthews

Chris wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:37 am
or

Thanks,
Chris

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for taking the time to answer! How many capsules did you take? Any negative side effects - with the Capsules or Gel? I'm starting the Mayo protocol with the Lipo Fisetin capsules this week.
Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris - I didn't feel any side effects from the capsules.  They were easy to take. I took 5 per day, in two doses.  Check out a previous post by Jocko, who worked out the calculations for body weight, base on the Mayo protocol.  That should help you determine the number you would need.
All the best!

kathleenmatthews

kathleenmatthews wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:36 pm
Chris wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:37 am
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,
Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris - I didn't feel any side effects from the capsules.  They were easy to take. I took 5 per day, in two doses.  Check out a previous post by Jocko, who worked out the calculations for body weight, base on the Mayo protocol.  That should help you determine the number you would need.
All the best!

Oops!  I meant to say 3 (not 5) per day for 5 days, rest one month, then continue, to equal the full five months.

Mrkazoodi

Post by Mrkazoodi »

jocko6889 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:08 pm
Chris wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:36 am NewLifeScience -  "Personally, I will take the Gel over powder. It's just easier to squirt into your mouth and forget it. I trust it will get absorbed."

jocko6889 - "If you're of average weight (190lbs or so), you should take 3 Lipo Fisetin capsules per day for 3 days, rest one month, then repeat this cycle for 4 more months." 

@Jocko6889 - is there a company opinion on the bio-availability of the 2 different Fisetin products? According to your (above) statement - 1 bottle of the LIPO Fisetin – Powdered Liposomal will be enough to complete the 5 month Mayo Protocol. But I'll need 4 bottles of the Fisetin LIPO Gel – 150 mL for a 180lb person.

Jocko please excuse the redundancy:
Will 1 bottle of  LIPO Fisetin – Powdered Liposomal produce equal results to the 4 bottles of Fisetin LIPO Gel for the Mayo Protocol?

Thanks,
Chris

Let's start with the fact that in the Mayo protocol, for a 190lb person they used about 1,800mg of regular fisetin per day for 3 days, rested one month, then repeated this cycle for 4 more months (so 5 months total)

If you're looking to replicate this study using liposomal fisetin, you'd get a minimum of 3 times the bioavailability, so divide 1,800mg by 3 to get a target of 600mg of liposomal fisetin per day.

2 pumps = 75mg of fisetin gel (you get around 120 pumps per bottle)

1 capsule  of powdered lipo fisetin = 150mg (90 capsules in bottle)

To get 600mg per day of Lipo fisetin:

You'd need 16 pumps of fisetin gel per day or
You'd need 4 capsules per day of the fisetin powdered capsules

You get about 120 pumps of gel per bottle, so divided by 16 pumps per day and that's about 7.5 days per bottle of fisetin gel

If you divide 4 powdered capsules into the 90 per bottle you get 22.5 days per bottle

both are around $65 per bottle

So for the purposes of replicating the Mayo protocol the fisetin capsules would be a better value.  Hope that helps.

But if bioavailability is 10-fold higher, 1 capsule would be sufficient for anyone weighing 75 Kg (165lbs). If it is 47 times higher, as reported, then 3 capsules could be a dose close to 15 x higher than the Mayo protocol, depending on weight.

At this bioavailability, 1 capsule is more than enough to match the protocol. Am I missing something? 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic