SenolyticsThe most dangerous senescent cell type has just been identified.

jocko6889

The most dangerous senescent cell type has just been identified.

Post by jocko6889 »

In a study recently published in Nature, University of Minnesota Medical School researchers found that senescent immune cells are the most dangerous type of senescent cell.

Cells become senescent when they are damaged or stressed in the body, and they accumulate in our organs as we age. Senescent cells drive inflammation and aging as well as most age-related diseases.

The research team -- led by Laura Niedernhofer, MD, PhD, a professor in the Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics -- discovered that senescent immune cells drive tissue damage all over the body and shorten lifespan. Therefore, senescent immune cells are detrimental and should be targeted with senolytics.

"Now that we have identified which cell type is most deleterious, this work will steer us towards developing senolytics that target senescent immune cells," said Niedernhofer, who is also the director for the Institute on the Biology of Aging and Metabolism at the U of M Medical School, one of the state-sponsored Medical Discovery Teams. "We also hope that it will help guide discovery of biomarkers in immune cell populations that will help gauge who is at risk of tissue damage and rapid aging, and therefore who is at most need of senolytic therapy."

Read the study here:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 164000.htm

drkris69

Re: The most dangerous senescent cell type has just been identified.

Post by drkris69 »

Nice! Great find Jocko....More of the reason I need to do the Fisetin protocol. I know that Fisetin doesn directly effect the immune senescent cells or does it? Its worth a try! :D

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Very interesting!

I will be following this with great intereest.

I wonder if fasting can target these cells.

Last edited by canadahealthy on Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:43 am Nice! Great find Jocko....More of the reason I need to do the Fisetin protocol. I know that Fisetin doesn directly effect the immune senescent cells or does it? Its worth a try! :D

I've not found anything about Fisetin affecting immune senescent cells.  The research points to removal of fat senescent cells, however the biggest problem in research has been identifying the effect certain senolytics have on senescent cells.  A breakthrough in this area was made earlier this year by the Buck Institute, which identified biomarkers in the blood showing that a senolytic was actually effective in killing a senescent cell.  This will make testing various senolytics faster and easier going forward.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

canadahealthy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:15 am Very interesting!

Fasting, cardiovascular exercise .. i'd like to see if research shows these 2 activties to help with senescense.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:01 pm
drkris69 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:43 am Nice! Great find Jocko....More of the reason I need to do the Fisetin protocol. I know that Fisetin doesn directly effect the immune senescent cells or does it? Its worth a try! :D

I've not found anything about Fisetin affecting immune senescent cells.  The research points to removal of fat senescent cells, however the biggest problem in research has been identifying the effect certain senolytics have on senescent cells.  A breakthrough in this area was made earlier this year by the Buck Institute, which identified biomarkers in the blood showing that a senolytic was actually effective in killing a senescent cell.  This will make testing various senolytics faster and easier going forward.

Thanks Jocko....

TedB

Post by TedB »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:24 pm

Fasting, cardiovascular exercise .. i'd like to see if research shows these 2 activties to help with senescense.

I am confident that fasting does. The funny thing about Dr. Sinclair in his interview... fasting is always his number one position. He always starts there.

He has also been using the term "perceived adversity" to describe what makes our body go on the offensive and improve our healthspan and lifespan. This makes a lot of sense to me. 

fasting and adversity to our bodies (shortage of food and warmth) and regular exercise have been known for a very long time to be beneficial. There must be a senolytic process going on as well.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

TedB wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:22 pm

I am confident that fasting does. The funny thing about Dr. Sinclair in his interview... fasting is always his number one position. He always starts there.

He has also been using the term "perceived adversity" to describe what makes our body go on the offensive and improve our healthspan and lifespan. This makes a lot of sense to me. 

fasting and adversity to our bodies (shortage of food and warmth) and regular exercise have been known for a very long time to be beneficial. There must be a senolytic process going on as well.

Likewise, Sinclair also avoids sugar or carbs.  These tell the body "everything's fine, times are good".  He also eats just once a day when he's hungry so that the body can switch on autophagy mode once a day and clear out the dead cells and junk, sort of like turning the oven on self cleaning mode. 

There's a great book about this by James Clement called "The Switch" -  being able to turn mTor on and off.  According to Clement, it's not as important what you eat as when you eat.  Totally new approach to eating that would turn most diets on their head. 
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm
TedB wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:22 pm

Likewise, Sinclair also avoids sugar or carbs.  These tell the body "everything's fine, times are good".  He also eats just once a day when he's hungry so that the body can switch on autophagy mode once a day and clear out the dead cells and junk, sort of like turning the oven on self cleaning mode. 

There's a great book about this by James Clement called "The Switch" -  being able to turn mTor on and off.  According to Clement, it's not as important what you eat as when you eat.  Totally new approach to eating that would turn most diets on their head. 

So much knowledge. But nomatter what we are taking.. fasting will likely always be highly recommended.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Very interesting. Something tells me that fasting will help this. And it certainly won't hurt to take Curcumin.

I wonder if cardiovascular exercise can help with this too.

This is all pure speculation

I can't wait until they figure out a few more senolytics. I expect we will be hearing about this within the next year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic