NutritionNatural mTOR-inhibitors for the longevity ?.

NewLifeScience

Re: Natural mTOR-inhibitors for the longevity ?.

Post by NewLifeScience »

Hi Alex

Do you have sources for the notion that curcumin and green tea acting an mTor inhibitors? 

I would like to look this over, sounds very interesting, an especially since i have been taking curcumin for quite a while now.

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

What a great topic!

This forum is such a gold mine.. since not only do i get to learn new things, and contribute my occasional research discoveries, i often find a  new question to ask, like: what can have an impact on rapamycin to our benefit other than Sirolimus.

NLS, I found a pretty good article published at the NIH which provides some good conclusions about Curcumin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3638063/

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

jessicaP wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:32 pm What a great topic!

This forum is such a gold mine.. since not only do i get to learn new things, and contribute my occasional research discoveries, i often find a  new question to ask, like: what can have an impact on rapamycin to our benefit other than Sirolimus.

NLS, I found a pretty good article published at the NIH which provides some good conclusions about Curcumin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3638063/

Nice! Thanks Jessica.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

So, you have also heard of the new Product by Alive By Nature: Liposomal Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate?

It also appears to be a rapalog. We have a rapamycin stack happening here!

And affordable: https://alivebyscience.com/product/lipo ... -x-300-mg/
90 days for $45 US.
rhett

Post by rhett »

I  put in a pre-order for that and am eagerly awaiting when they're able to ship out the first batch. AKG seems like a good baby step into the mtor world considering the complications and cost around trying rapamycin. 

AKG is not a direct mtor inhibitor in the way that rapamycin is, but it does indirectly work to inhibit mtor through directly inhibiting atp metabolism.  
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

rhett wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:51 pm I  put in a pre-order for that and am eagerly awaiting when they're able to ship out the first batch. AKG seems like a good baby step into the mtor world considering the complications and cost around trying rapamycin. 

AKG is not a direct mtor inhibitor in the way that rapamycin is, but it does indirectly work to inhibit mtor through directly inhibiting atp metabolism.  

Still I think i like this product better than something taken as an antirejection drug.
rhett

Post by rhett »

From what I understand rapamycin has different effects at different doses. When used once a week, it only inhibits mTOR1 ( that's what we want to inhibit). When used daily, it inhbits mTOR2 (that's the one we don't want to inhibit)
eatsleepswim

Post by eatsleepswim »

Study results for AKG https://bit.ly/2W7WH0R
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I like that I have already done more than one thing for Rapamycin.

:)
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

This is the natural next step.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic