NMNFor sufferers of Gout, what can I take along with NMN to alleviate spiking UricAcid counts due to NMN intake ?

TryingToLiveLonger

For sufferers of Gout, what can I take along with NMN to alleviate spiking UricAcid counts due to NMN intake ?

Post by TryingToLiveLonger »

Are there any more effective measures to control my uric acid levels which I assume are going to rise after trying NMN besides taking celery sticks, or tart cherries. Would any of the ABS products help with this ?

michaeljkelly

Re: For sufferers of Gout, what can I take along with NMN to alleviate spiking UricAcid counts due to NMN intake ?

Post by michaeljkelly »

I don't have an answer for you, but I would be greatly interested to hear what others have to say.

I am sure the anti-inflammatory properties of NMN as well as Curcumin would be a great help.

BUt there must be a more targeted way to treat gout at this point.

I have learned that a lot of the members here search through the NIH website, so I gave a quick glance and found this article.

I don't know about nanoparticles, but there does seem to be promise with turmeric/curcumin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6359362/
Boxcost

Re: For sufferers of Gout, what can I take along with NMN to alleviate spiking UricAcid counts due to NMN intake ?

Post by Boxcost »

TryingToLiveLonger wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:28 am Are there any more effective measures to control my uric acid levels which I assume are going to rise after trying NMN besides taking celery sticks, or tart cherries. Would any of the ABS products help with this ?

I am not sure what you base the assumption that uric acid levels are going to rise after trying NMN?

My personal experience is a slight decline in uric acid with NMN usage, I dropped from 4.2 to 3.9  mmol/l through the 2.5 years I have been on NMN. I made a few other changes so the reduction may not have been NMN specifically. There are also many factors that cause a high uric acid level like too much alcohol, Genetics, Obesity, Purine-rich diet, etc. I do not have any of these factors.

TryingToLiveLonger

Boxcost wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:07 am
TryingToLiveLonger wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:28 am Are there any more effective measures to control my uric acid levels which I assume are going to rise after trying NMN besides taking celery sticks, or tart cherries. Would any of the ABS products help with this ?

I am not sure what you base the assumption that uric acid levels are going to rise after trying NMN?

My personal experience is a slight decline in uric acid with NMN usage, I dropped from 4.2 to 3.9  mmol/l through the 2.5 years I have been on NMN. I made a few other changes so the reduction may not have been NMN specifically. There are also many factors that cause a high uric acid level like too much alcohol, Genetics, Obesity, Purine-rich diet, etc. I do not have any of these factors.

I do have a genetic disposition of high uric acid counts even without consuming alcohol , red meats, shell fish etc so I am always drinking plenty of water, tart cherries etc etc. That said this is my first time I am going to be trying NMN and have read some trials of people on NMN for 6-12 months who have shown increased uric acid levels over a period of time on the far end of their cycle ( 3 months in ). If it's more a random case by case occurrence thats fine which is why I wanted to make the inquiry as I am in the process of learning. In that case I will find out soon enough on my own as I have Lipo and powdered NMN, resveratrol and TMG to start out with ordered and on the way. 
TryingToLiveLonger

michaeljkelly wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:39 pm I don't have an answer for you, but I would be greatly interested to hear what others have to say.

I am sure the anti-inflammatory properties of NMN as well as Curcumin would be a great help.

I have learned that a lot of the members here search through the NIH website, so I gave a quick glance and found this article.

I don't know about nanoparticles, but there does seem to be promise with turmeric/curcumin.

Thanks yes, I was in the habit of taking Tumeric but also not sure of how safe it is to take tumeric over long periods of time. IT does help however I am sure of it...
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

TryingToLiveLonger wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:23 am
michaeljkelly wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:39 pm I don't have an answer for you, but I would be greatly interested to hear what others have to say.

Thanks yes, I was in the habit of taking Tumeric but also not sure of how safe it is to take tumeric over long periods of time. IT does help however I am sure of it...

i TAKE 1000 mg 5 days a week to counter inflammation everywhere possible in my body.

Newage

Post by Newage »

I personally do not think that taking NMN will raise your Uric Acid levels but as we all know, everyone is different.
I have pretty well cut out all grains from my diet to restrict inflammation in the body.
Worked wonders for me...I tend to look at the possibility of allergies and bad gut health being at the forefront of a lot of health problems.
They seem to go hand in hand..I get my Carbohydrates from Non Grain Products.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

canadahealthy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:17 pm

i TAKE 1000 mg 5 days a week to counter inflammation everywhere possible in my body.

Tumeric is perfectly safe to take daily at a dose around 500 to 1000mgs.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm
canadahealthy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:17 pm

Tumeric is perfectly safe to take daily at a dose around 500 to 1000mgs IMO.

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Well i am taking 2000mg. I am not sure why, but I think of it an an anti-inflammatory but also something that can breakdown inflammatory biomarkers or particles. I don't have any proof, but that is what i think it can do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic