SenolyticsEliminating senescent cells may be harmful?

evanb

Re: Eliminating senescent cells may be harmful?

Post by evanb »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:58 am Newage I just finished my 1st month and look forward to completing 4 more months. The Mayo clinic protocol is the way to go! :D

Could you provide a link to the Mayo Clinic protocol? I’d like to jot it down. Cheers!

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I know Rhett was the OP, and has concerns.

Have you any sources for this particular concern about Senolytics?

All I can see is that we are purging the body of non-functioning cells at a minimum, but more than likely cells that are speading inflammation to other cells.

I  can see the argument (stem cells producing cells with shorter telomeres) but unless there is a source or study, I don't see it as a valid concern for myself.

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I can't see how autophagy of a senescent cell is a problem.
rhett

Post by rhett »

This is the premise of how they could potentially be a net harmful thing. I have no idea personally, I just had never considered that there may be less than positive long term effects:
Here is the argument: 1) theoretically, senolytics should make things worse and 2) the available data support this theoretical concern. To use an analogy, imagine that you have a factory in which 10 of the 100 factory workers are feeling overworked and tired. Furthermore, their complaints are disrupting the other workers. You have two possible interventions. You can:
  1. Fire the 10 workers, thereby removing the complainers. The result is that the remaining 90 workers are now overworked, and they, too, begin to complain. You end up with 30 workers who are now complaining and disrupting your factory. This is the senolytic approach.
You have to keep a few points in mind. 1) Will the stem cells populate as desired? 2) If you do get a stem cell population, that requires cell division, which shortens telomeres, which accelerates cell senescence, and once again you have accelerated pathology. 3) Why would you bother recruiting stem cells when you can much more easily reset cell senescence in the resident cells of the tissue? 4) The long-term data (what there is of it) supports the failure of senolytics.
 Again: remember where those “new cells” come from: you are accelerating senescence in the stem cell pool. The only way to “replace them with healthy working cells” is to simply and effectively reset gene expression, taking senescing cells and turning them into functionally young cells. This was first demonstrated 21 years ago in human cells in vitro, then repeatedly in human tissues in vitro.
https://www.lifespan.io/news/are-senoly ... longevity/
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

evanb wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:10 am
drkris69 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:58 am Newage I just finished my 1st month and look forward to completing 4 more months. The Mayo clinic protocol is the way to go! :D

Could you provide a link to the Mayo Clinic protocol? I’d like to jot it down. Cheers!

Sure Evan so look in the forum and find the title for Fisetin. There you will find everything about the protocol and also what Fisetin is and does.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Here's my original post linked below about the new Mayo Clinic protocol.  The short version is for a 185lb person, you would do 24 pumps of our liposomal fisetin per day for 3 days, pause 1 month, then repeat 24 pumps per day for 3 days with 1 month rest between.  You would do this cycle of 3 days on fisetin and 1 month rest for 5 months total.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2432&start=10#p9518

TedB

Post by TedB »

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:38 pm

Here's my original post linked below about the new Mayo Clinic protocol.  The short version is for a 185lb person, you would do 24 pumps of our liposomal fisetin per day for 3 days, pause 1 month, then repeat 24 pumps per day for 3 days with 1 month rest between.  You would do this cycle of 3 days on fisetin and 1 month rest for 5 months total.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2432&start=10#p9518

This is exactly what I want my sister to do, and I am getting her the PSG Fisetin

I think the changes will be visible and noticeable and I can't wait to see how she feels after a few months!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic