LongevityX-rays. How to avoid them.

smokinjoe

X-rays. How to avoid them.

Post by smokinjoe »

In Canada (before Covid) i was one of those guys at the Airport who was inexplicably selected more than 50% of the time for random checks, including Xrays.

Finally I opted for manual search. I said "you are going to have to fel me up, i don't wan't any more radiation"
I even avoided dental xrays just asking the dentist to manually explore and fix the tooth.

I was listening to David sinclair about Xrays... he didn't go into detail - but just implied it accelerated aging.

I was more worried about putting myself at risk for cancer - but his approach is leave your cells alone.

I really want to avoid radiation and that even includes frequent air travel.

The folks who go to mars... they will be full of radiation. Unless that gets thwarted somehow.

Last edited by smokinjoe on Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drkris69

Re: X-rays. How to avoid them.

Post by drkris69 »

I agree smokinjoe try to avoid exposure at all cost. As a Physician, I try to limit my patients to just the necessary images needed than taking a full body. As far as flying is concerned, Ive read that we do get some exposure just from being in the upper Stratosphere. 
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Yes Xrays are essentially acute radiation.

So is suntanning. I am assuming the reparative work i have been doing for years, which now includes NMN and other new discoveries have ameliorated much of the impact.

I read about someone on here using the ABS serum on their forehead and noticing that their rough skin went away. That is great news.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

I'm like Sinclair in that I have to negotiate with my Dentist to do as little xrays as possible.  I showed him a recent study about the 360 degree xray machine Dentists use that spins around your head.  Very bad for you, obviously.  Most in the medical profession are clueless to the dangers or really don't care.  They're more worried about paying for their machines and xrays are a big money-maker.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

jocko6889 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:27 pm I'm like Sinclair in that I have to negotiate with my Dentist to do as little xrays as possible.  I showed him a recent study about the 360 degree xray machine Dentists use that spins around your head.  Very bad for you, obviously.  Most in the medical profession are clueless to the dangers or really don't care.  They're more worried about paying for their machines and xrays are a big money-maker.

Frightening to think of it aiming right at your brain!

Suddenly the tin foil hat is looking more and more like a prestigious fashion item.
SunConure

Post by SunConure »

canadahealthy wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:54 pm
jocko6889 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:27 pm I'm like Sinclair in that I have to negotiate with my Dentist to do as little xrays as possible.  I showed him a recent study about the 360 degree xray machine Dentists use that spins around your head.  Very bad for you, obviously.  Most in the medical profession are clueless to the dangers or really don't care.  They're more worried about paying for their machines and xrays are a big money-maker.

Frightening to think of it aiming right at your brain!

Suddenly the tin foil hat is looking more and more like a prestigious fashion item.

damn last year I took 2x dental xrays in a row cuz the nurse failed the first one...
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well we have the know how to undo radiation damage. 

My huge supplement list is aimed at maximizing my antiaging regimen, minimizing damage from radiation and inflammation and scouring my body for senescent cells.

So we can undo some damage - but I also now choose to be very aware of radiation - since it can do a lot of damage in a short time.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I personally refuse to subscribe to the idea that an x-ray or 2 per year (rare for me anyway) will cause cancer - so I have no issues with a regular / scheduled requirement for an x-ray. Plus I am fortified with as many anti-cancer foods, lifestyle approaches and supplements to mitigate cancer.  Granted continuous exposure to anything like an x-ray is not good for any living, just common sense should prevail to avoid over exposure.
rhett

Post by rhett »

It depends on the type of x-ray for sure. 

Every day just sitting on planet Earth you get about .008msv radiation 

Getting one full set of standard digital dental xrays only gives you the equivalent of 2 additional days worth of background radiation. Not too bad. It is the CT scans of the body that you really should minimize if at all possible. 
  • Standard dental x rays full set: +2 days
  • Old-style 3D mouth xrays; +100 days
  • New-style tomography 3D mouth xrays: +11days
  • Flight from London to Los Angeles: +11 days
  • CT scans of the body: +1 to 3 YEARS

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Names can be deceptive, CT Scan = Huge XRAY
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic