Miscellaneous TopicsElderly friend cracked a vertebrae - ideas?

jessicaP

Elderly friend cracked a vertebrae - ideas?

Post by jessicaP »

Hi I have a good friend, in her late 70s. Her body is more like her 80s and she has been 'considering' taking NMN.

She had a bad fall, and cracked her vertebrae. She is willing to take NMN orally and with the serum to aide healing. I am also giving her Curcumin daily.

My question to the community is: what else can i do for her.. to speed healing? She also has chronic need of going to the washroom which is making this far worse.

Any ideas are welcome.

Boxcost

Re: Elderly friend cracked a vertebrae - ideas?

Post by Boxcost »

Four I can think off quickly and take myself as they are "on the list" of things that decline as you age but I can't or don't get enough in my diet:

1. Hydrolyzed Collagen -  suggest start with small doses (i.e. flat teaspoon, then get up to heaped tablespoon) as depending on the state of their gut bacteria may take some adjustment. I mix it in my smoothie.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26267777/

2. Hyaluronic Acid but the High "Molecular Weight" version is meant to be best (ABS sell it) - Got to make sure you get your daily water intake with this supplement. I little hack I found is taking it in the evening, only occasional waking up at night to go to the bathroom now, turns out you retain more water! (sounds like this may also help with reducing washroom visits for your friend).
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28872895/

3. Vitamin D - More Calcium, just so important!

4. Vitamin K2 MK4 or MK7 - Get the Calcium into bones.

I just found some studies quickly but if you do some research you should find a lot more studies or research and people getting benefits.

Last edited by Boxcost on Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Wow this is a good list.

Thank you Boxcost.

I think Vitamin D and Calcium can be increased and if i didn't know any better, her strength seemed to have improved after her.

But yes I will look into the Collagen and Hyaluronic acid. The speed of healing it can only help.
Newage

Post by Newage »

jessicaP wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:03 pm Wow this is a good list.

Thank you Boxcost.

I think Vitamin D and Calcium can be increased and if i didn't know any better, her strength seemed to have improved after her.

But yes I will look into the Collagen and Hyaluronic acid. The speed of healing it can only help.

That is good advice from Boxcost and by using the supplements that are available from ABS you are getting the quality formula.
Keep us updated with the recovery of your friend. Falls are a major health problem for the ageing population.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Well in addition to reducing inflammation and getting good and safe supplementation and nutrition... the best approach is walking upright.

Walking lubricates the spine and strengthens the back muscles. Just go slow and easy.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I am amazed at the response of my girlfriend to this topic (long term licenced physiotherapist). She is saying, "Yup! Get her up and walking twice per day... feed her the best food you can manage to convince her to eat - but keep moving now, do not let her lose any more strength."

That is the opposite of what I'd be thinking.

But she agrees she is lucky to have a friend with NMN.
Newage

Post by Newage »

It seems to be good advice from your girlfriend NewLifeScience.. “use it or lose it” has always been my motto as we all age “not” so gracefully by way of AliveByScience product intervention. ABS products are certainly one step ahead in the slowing down of the natural ageing process. 

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I am quite surprised by her progress. It must be the daily exercise. She was considerably weaker after 1 week in the hospital but is already about 60% back

I rub the NMN into her back at the break site. Give her 750mg LSG Capsules with 1g TMG, and two Curcumin capsules.

She is using 1/2 the pain pills then even 5 days ago.

Post injury treatment is so intelligent now.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

So!
When even the doctors are impressed by a patient's extraordinary speed of recovery (he doubted there was even a fracture, until consulting the X=rays again).. that has to be the NMN.

Seriously the doctor is interested to know more.

It was her ability to walk upright so quickly that impressed him.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

That's great news Jessica.

If you have any renue serum, it would certainly help if you could rub some around the sore area on her spine. It can speed healing and help the muscles.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic