LongevityGlutathione

Newage

Re: Glutathione

Post by Newage »

bovineu wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:16 am Sulforaphane has been shown to increase Glutathione, if indirectly. What are the thoughts on taking this vs an actual Glutathione supplement? Bioavailability issue is solved if you are eating broccoli sprouts and at a high level, eating real food is always better than an isolated supplement. 

Agreed. Whole foods are always a better option but unfortunately in most cases the active ingredients sort are in negligible quantities. Personally I am happy to boost intake with supplements. In some cases the RDI  is at the lower percentage  level for what is needed for optimal health.

TedB

Post by TedB »

So part detox, part anti-oxidant, part senolytic?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I just started taking the Lipo Glutathione and already noticing more energy. Me likey!!! :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:13 am I just started taking the Lipo Glutathione and already noticing more energy. Me likey!!! :D

My Lipo Glutathione is still in transit. I’m looking forward to starting on it as soon as it arrives drkris69..👍

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I see where it can address tissue damage in the liver due to toxins. There are also suggestions that it can play a role with the kidneys.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6522248/ 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15845422/

at the very least, low levels of is not good for either of these organs.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Interesting, so does anyone know what would be a good daily dose for Glutathione? Im taking 2 capsules daily.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I'd suppose if you have actual organ damage that 2 capsules per day would be recommended. Otherwise, maybe 3-5 per week.

ABS has a graph showig outcomes for 500mg to 1g per day.
TedB

Post by TedB »

Newage wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:29 pm
bovineu wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:16 am Sulforaphane has been shown to increase Glutathione, if indirectly. What are the thoughts on taking this vs an actual Glutathione supplement? Bioavailability issue is solved if you are eating broccoli sprouts and at a high level, eating real food is always better than an isolated supplement. 

Agreed. Whole foods are always a better option but unfortunately in most cases the active ingredients sort are in negligible quantities. Personally I am happy to boost intake with supplements. In some cases the RDI  is at the lower percentage  level for what is needed for optimal health.

RDI?
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

canadahealthy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:42 am I'd suppose if you have actual organ damage that 2 capsules per day would be recommended. Otherwise, maybe 3-5 per week.

ABS has a graph showig outcomes for 500mg to 1g per day.

I am thinking 1 capsule a day to start. The outcomes between 500mg to 1g per day were very similar. Thinking less is more in this instance, so sticking to ABS recommendation of 1 capsule per day (so 130mg, "concentrated" and lipsomal) until we get better science. Depending how I feel though, I may experiment with 2 per day but will wait a month or 2 so I have a good baseline.
TomSantiago

Post by TomSantiago »

I take it for its anti aging, heart health and antioxidant properties. I take this along with hyaluronic acid and phytocerimides. My skin feels amazing. It also keeps me regular too. 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic