SenolyticsHow bad senescent immune cells can be

NewLifeScience

How bad senescent immune cells can be

Post by NewLifeScience »

There is an article with a general discussion about how senescent immune cells can trigger senescence in other cells - and how this can really accelerate aging.

There is a link in the reference section that it worth following up as well.

THe article:

https://www.nia.nih.gov/news/senescent- ... aging-body

The reference link:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33981041/

We definitely have to figure out how to prune these out!

canadahealthy

Re: How bad senescent immune cells can be

Post by canadahealthy »

well these cells are a triple threat, since they are able to wreak havoc with other cells.

So I look forward to killing them by drinking lentil juice or something. :)

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

I just posted this to our Facebook group.  This would not only apply to senescent immune cells but all types of senescent cells.

"Thought I'd share this as we're asked a lot about ways to fight cellular senescence.

Most people know about senolytics like Fisetin, but did you know that NAD+ itself has serious senolytic properties?

NAD+ is involved in ATP production required for cellular energy. Part of that energy is used by PARP enzymes, which repair damaged DNA. But as we age and produce less and less NAD+, PARPs cannot keep up with repairing all the damage to DNA, resulting in cellular dysfunction and turning them into senescent cells, at which point they begin churning out toxins which cause systemic inflammation.

So supplementing with NAD+ boosters like NMN raises levels of PARPs and Sirtuins which reduce the number of cells that become senescent. This keeps systemic inflammation down and slows the aging process.

There is also some evidence that NMN supplements may reverse senescence and induce apoptosis (cellular death) in senescent cells."
Newage

Post by Newage »

So to some degree NMN, NAD+ and Fisetin are a triple whammy against Zombie Cells..
TedB

Post by TedB »

Now i can see how diseases develop. Pretty scary stuff.

I am defintely going to use life long anti-inflammatories and senolytics.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic