Miscellaneous TopicsAn old question with new context: your wellness budget

smokinjoe

An old question with new context: your wellness budget

Post by smokinjoe »

I recall before the Covid pandemic some of us discussing our monthly budget for longevity and healthspan.

I am still just over $160 per month with a quite extensive list. And I am good with that.

I am just wondering what people are comfortable spending per month, considering the measurable benefits to your life.

OMillsPA

Re: An old question with new context: your wellness budget

Post by OMillsPA »

At first glance, that seems like a lot.  But its really only a little over $5 a day or a coffee and donut for some.  I'm about the same. 

An ambulance ride copay cost me $350 once.  A friend had a heart attack in June and was out about $30k for a nights stay in the hospital and some follow up work.  A pack of cigarrettes is about $8 to $10 per day for most.   So it's about choices on how you want to spend your money. 

However, feeling good is priceless.

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

That is a good question. And it has me thinking that even $200 isn't really all that much when you are dealing with really effective compounds. I am not spending much more than $90 per month right now, but i expect my list will grow.
Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:26 pm At first glance, that seems like a lot.  But its really only a little over $5 a day or a coffee and donut for some.  I'm about the same. 

An ambulance ride copay cost me $350 once.  A friend had a heart attack in June and was out about $30k for a nights stay in the hospital and some follow up work.  A pack of cigarrettes is about $8 to $10 per day for most.   So it's about choices on how you want to spend your money. 

However, feeling good is priceless.

Yes, it is all relevant..
Drop the coffee and donut each day and you win both ways 😂

ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Actually, i did some figuring... and I get pretty much everything i need for about $125 per month US.

Worth every penny!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Indeed it is.... and 125 is not bad!
rhett

Post by rhett »

Been asking myself that as I consider trying weekly rapamycin dosing. With generics, 30mg can be had for about $150. 3mg dose once weekly makes that 10 weeks supply, or about $67/month. Added on to my NMN and pterostilbene that would take me close to $125 a month. Not terrible when you consider the potential benefits. 
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Not too bad, So rhett let us know if you start the rapamycin. I would like to know if it works for you.
Newage

Post by Newage »

rhett wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:10 pm Been asking myself that as I consider trying weekly rapamycin dosing. With generics, 30mg can be had for about $150. 3mg dose once weekly makes that 10 weeks supply, or about $67/month. Added on to my NMN and pterostilbene that would take me close to $125 a month. Not terrible when you consider the potential benefits. 

I don’t think I will be trying Rapamycin in the short term but I’m still interested to learn more about the potential benefits.

RobertB

Post by RobertB »

Newage wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:26 pm
rhett wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:10 pm Been asking myself that as I consider trying weekly rapamycin dosing. With generics, 30mg can be had for about $150. 3mg dose once weekly makes that 10 weeks supply, or about $67/month. Added on to my NMN and pterostilbene that would take me close to $125 a month. Not terrible when you consider the potential benefits. 

I don’t think I will be trying Rapamycin in the short term but I’m still interested to learn more about the potential benefits.

There is a new website with a lot of information on rapamycin, side effects and benefits people are seeing, doctors that prescribe it, and costs.  

https://www.rapamycin.news/t/rapamycin- ... ons-faq/59

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic