NMNSleepiness after first dose of NMN

Melanie59

Sleepiness after first dose of NMN

Post by Melanie59 »

Hey there everyone! I took my first dose of nmn this morning and I felt super sleepy. So much for the energy boost! Anyone else have this side effect and if so is it something that goes away over time? 

jocko6889

Re: Sleepiness after first dose of NMN

Post by jocko6889 »

Melanie59 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:05 am Hey there everyone! I took my first dose of nmn this morning and I felt super sleepy. So much for the energy boost! Anyone else have this side effect and if so is it something that goes away over time? 

That wouldn't be considered normal, however you can't really attribute it necessarily to the NMN after only one dose.  It often takes at least several days to a week for someone to notice a difference in energy levels.  In fact, some don't notice much difference at all, however NMN works to boost NAD+ levels on the cellular level, repairing DNA and the function of cells, so it's also fairly normal not to experience much difference in how you feel.  That doesn't mean it's not working, though.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes Jocko is correct, NMN takes at least a couple of weeks to notice any changes. Please keep trying to take NMN and let us know if the sleepiness continues.
Melanie59

Post by Melanie59 »

Thank you so much! When I purchased the NMN I also purchased Resveratrol. I usually don't take new supplements on top of each other, so if I do have a side effect I can figure out which one is causing the effect. Even though it was only one dose, I'm wondering since these two supplements compliment each other if I should try taking both of them together and see what happens? Any thoughts?
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Melanie59 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:08 pm Thank you so much! When I purchased the NMN I also purchased Resveratrol. I usually don't take new supplements on top of each other, so if I do have a side effect I can figure out which one is causing the effect. Even though it was only one dose, I'm wondering since these two supplements compliment each other if I should try taking both of them together and see what happens? Any thoughts?

Think of NMN as the fuel and Resveratrol as the accelerator that drives our longevity genes. We recommend taking Resveratrol and NMN together to maximize their potential benefits.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Melanie59 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:05 am Hey there everyone! I took my first dose of nmn this morning and I felt super sleepy. So much for the energy boost! Anyone else have this side effect and if so is it something that goes away over time? 

Hi Melanie59 and welcome to the forum.
If anything taking NMN has been known to have a stimulating effect but I have never heard of it inducing sleepiness. I would think more of a coincidence with something else happening at the same time. In saying that, we are all different in the way supplements work within our body. I would stick with the daily intake of NMN for a couple of weeks then reassess the situation. 
How much did you take on your first dose?
The trick is to slowly build the dosage up to your sweet spot over a month or so.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great advise Mate! ;)

Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

All good advice, you'll get here. No Coupon, Just Freely offered as a Bonus! Most of us have tried some split initial dosage , try 125mg NMNsl powder in the morning, then another after 125mg after lunch,. You didn't mention what type of NMN, but if the Powder SL, try swishing it around for 5 minutes after placing under the tongue, without any food or liquid for 15 minutes. This Subliminal intake method gets most of the dosage into your blood stream this way.
Light sleepers who are more effected by increased stamina, hold off taking any after 4PM. My experience this way, playing Pickleball, a surge stress sport, is that the increased stamina will become noticeable within 45 minutes of dosage, and rise for about 4 hours, before tapering off. Hence the split initial dosage. After your body tolerance is realized, for a while (maybe 2-4 weeks,) try doubling this dosage for maximum stamina demand prior to stressing your body with some exercise event. Everybody has a unique adaptation, though the results are universal in cellular regeneration.  This "Sweet spot" of 500mg/day ) has been found by many long time users to also exist as a goal.I found it first in a mixture of NNMsl/ and NAD+sl, powder , 250mg each/ day after three years. The new LIPO NAD+ Complete offers this combination, with 24 hour timed release, at 1/2 the sl dosage of 250 mg  but LIPO delivery is 5-10 times more effective with 100% absorption, bypassing the livers filtration of all other methods of intake. That makes it the Super Bargain product, just recently offered.
Ben Y., 80+, Pickleball101
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

All else being said... i do take my NMN (lipo) in the morning.. jusrt out of habit, since when i was taking 750 mg sublingual, daily... taking it after supper did affect my sleep.

I hope you keep it up... good stuff is ahead... :)

Welcome!
Melanie59

Post by Melanie59 »

Thank you everyone :D I'm still taking it, but instead of taking NMN and Resveratrol at the same time I take them an hour apart, which has seemed to help.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic