NMNSleepiness after first dose of NMN

Newage

Re: Sleepiness after first dose of NMN

Post by Newage »

Melanie59 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:12 am Thank you everyone :D I'm still taking it, but instead of taking NMN and Resveratrol at the same time I take them an hour apart, which has seemed to help.

That’s good Melanie59. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another but hang in there as the overall long term benefits are well worth it.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I second that Captain!
Gigi2

Post by Gigi2 »

I also am experiencing a lot more daytime sleepiness now that I take  NMN in the lipo form. I was previously taking it sublingual and did not experience that. I feel somewhat tired in the morning and VERY sleepy after lunch. In all fairness, it could also be the lipo Apigenin and glutathione that I take during lunch that trigger the crash. But I will not part with any of them, they have been extremely beneficial to me very quickly.
It might simply be some sort of allergy or sensitivity to the oil used in the lipo formulation or something else. I am hoping that with time my body will acclimate to that oil. It is a similar feeling to what we experience in France after a big meal (like we used to have on special occasions when I was a kid, those were extraordinarily tasty but also quite hard to digest, they were often followed by a "sieste" (=nap).
I have started recently taking some cow's colostrum capsules every morning to try to repair my digestive system that has been ransacked by 20+ years of antibiotics and prednisone, it seems to be improving, so I am hopeful the sleepiness will resolve soon.

Fawcett6

Post by Fawcett6 »

I having the same issue.  Wake up ok take nmn and then about 1 hour later can't keep eyes open.  It's been a week now and been everyday so far

Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

(repost to same question)

All good advice, you'll get here. No Coupon, Just Freely offered as a Bonus! Most of us have tried some split initial dosage , try 125mg NMNsl powder in the morning, then another after 125mg after lunch,. You didn't mention what type of NMN, but if the Powder SL, try swishing it around for 5 minutes after placing under the tongue, without any food or liquid for 15 minutes. This Subliminal intake method gets most of the dosage into your blood stream this way.
Light sleepers who are more effected by increased stamina, hold off taking any after 4PM. My experience this way, playing Pickleball, a surge stress sport, is that the increased stamina will become noticeable within 45 minutes of dosage, and rise for about 4 hours, before tapering off. Hence the split initial dosage. After your body tolerance is realized, for a while (maybe 2-4 weeks,) try doubling this dosage for maximum stamina demand prior to stressing your body with some exercise event. Everybody has a unique adaptation, though the results are universal in cellular regeneration.  This "Sweet spot" of 500mg/day ) has been found by many long time users to also exist as a goal.I found it first in a mixture of NNMsl/ and NAD+sl, powder , 250mg each/ day after three years. The new LIPO NAD+ Complete offers this combination, with 24 hour timed release, at 1/2 the sl dosage of 250 mg  but LIPO delivery is 5-10 times more effective with 100% absorption, bypassing the livers filtration of all other methods of intake. That makes it the Super Bargain product, just recently offered.
Ben Y., 83+, Pickleball101
nebilbehar

Post by nebilbehar »

Sleepiness with nmn is unfortunately definitely a real thing. It hit me 3 years after taking it and my mother as soon as she started aged 76. I reversed it with TMG when it was just becoming clear methyl depletion was the cause. 
Newage

Post by Newage »

nebilbehar wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:50 pm Sleepiness with nmn is unfortunately definitely a real thing. It hit me 3 years after taking it and my mother as soon as she started aged 76. I reversed it with TMG when it was just becoming clear methyl depletion was the cause. 

Yes. Taking TMG along with NMN or NAD+ Supplements is as important as the supplement itself. Depleted Methyl Pools can cause a myriad of health issues.

Levi

Post by Levi »

nebilbehar wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:50 pm Sleepiness with nmn is unfortunately definitely a real thing. It hit me 3 years after taking it and my mother as soon as she started aged 76. I reversed it with TMG when it was just becoming clear methyl depletion was the cause. 

Yes true true, I still experience sleepiness after taking NMN for over a year now.I get a very relaxed calm sleep. As you said TMG does cancel or delay the sleepy/drowsy effect. So the Methyl group depletion is real too. But I notice when I add creatine to the mix or other molecules, the sloppiness side effect goes away.

For me this is what I’m experiencing:
1) NMN on its own = very sleepy/ drowsy / lazy/headache
2) NMN + TMG = Relaxed but not drowsy (delayed effect)
3) NMN + TMG + Creatine = No sleepiness, super energised
4) NMN + Vit B Complex + Magnesium + TMG = No sleepiness, super energised
5) NMN + TMG + Resveratrol =I get  Sleepiness and Headache
6) NMN + CaAKG + TMG + Magnesium = No sleepiness, super energised

There’s still a lot to learn in this space. We all need to study how our individual body is responding to these molecules and take the necessary actions to optimise the benefits. 
for me I suspect my body needs more cofactors as outlined above. B vitamins, Magnesium, TMG etc. 

Strimo

Post by Strimo »

I am researching right now for an article about nmn, especially methyl donors ... https://www.longewiki.com/wiki/Nicotina ... hyl_Donors

I found it hard to find information about methyl donors and NMN on pubmed. On https://novoslabs.com/frequently-asked- ... thylation/ it is claimed that e.g. TMG is already too deep down into the methylation pathways.

Have you also tried NMN + Vit B Complex without TMG?
Can you say something about dosage?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic