canadahealthy

Re: Day 2 of 7 day fast

Post by canadahealthy »

So I imagine you lost some weight.

Good on you for doing the full stretch.

TedB

Post by TedB »

Well life got busy after my fast, but i finally got around to weighing myself.

I am down at least 14 or 15 pounds and i do believe i can get into size 36 jeans again. I expect if i continue with intermittent fasting I could get myself back to the point where I would no longer feel myself overweight at all!

I can only think i lost a lot of unhealthy cells and particles.

I am sleeping much better, my skin seems a bit healthier. Actually I feel better in general. I am more energetic and feel more optimistic.

Now job one is to not gain any weight back over the holidays. Even not gaining through to January will be fine.

I am really glad I did this. I am certain I did my body a lot of good, and got rid of a lot of bad.

Last edited by TedB on Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Keep going with the intermittent fasting TedB and you will get there.
In the last 2 years I've never managed anything longer than 4 days for a fast, which I only attempt to do after Christmas and Easter. I do have a week of keto every 2 months and I will do something like a 2 or 3 day fast just once during the summer, otherwise it's just time restricted feeding for me and I've gone from a 36 waist down to 32 (and could probably fit into a 30 but I don't have any to try) and from my recent bi-annual medical, where they use a very sophisticated (and expensive so they tell me) piece of equipment to measure fat percentage, mine has fallen from 14.7% to 9.1%, which given that I've only actually lost probably less than 10 pounds means I've put on a decent amount of lean muscle mass.
Don't try to do too much too soon but keep going and I'm sure you'll achieve similar results over time.

(Exercise consists of 3 hours zone2 training, 15 mins HIIT, squats, dead lifts, bench press and pull ups over the course of a week).
Newage

Post by Newage »

An impressive waistline size reduction RobSmith..
“A mere shadow of the man you used to be.”
lol 😂
jassica07marry

Post by jassica07marry »

Keep yourself aligned and positive. you can do it!
TedB

Post by TedB »

By the way, thank you all for the encouragement.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Hey Ted,
So I did this fast as well. It was a major turning point for me, healthwise, energy wise and many things in my body seemed to resolve. No more digestion, strong resistance to inflammation and great recovery time after phyisical effort.

One could argue that the process rolled back time for me.

Also it initiated a weight loss program where I ultaimately lost almost 50 pounds while gaining lean muscle mass.

I still fast intermittently, but not with any weight loss in mind. I will likely do a 5 day fast this summer - just because I find it easier to ignore hunger in the summer. Good on you to do it in late fall.
MJClark

Post by MJClark »

For those of you who complete a 7 day fast, can you describe some of the results that you have experienced? The longest I have ever gone was between 48 and 58 hours, so I would be curious of the successful end results. 

I was thinking of doing one starting on January 2nd. I currently do 18:6, 7 days a week. 
If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yeah the longest Ive gone was 48 hrs. Currently, I fast 3 to 4 days per week. I normally go 20 hrs w/o eating and then only eat 1 meal.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:41 pm Yeah the longest Ive gone was 48 hrs. Currently, I fast 3 to 4 days per week. I normally go 20 hrs w/o eating and then only eat 1 meal.

Same here drkris69 and tonight at 5pm it will be Garlic Chicken Breast with a broad selection of assorted vegetables, all Air Fried of course and not to forget the Buckwheat with Sultanas, Blueberries and Almond Milk dessert...
It’s a shame you are in a different country drKris or I would invite you around to chat about longevity.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic