NAD+Sleep issues on NMN

soniad

Sleep issues on NMN

Post by soniad »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and would like some advice regarding NMN supplements.

I'm a 137lb 53YO woman.

I have made a couple of attempts to take NMN. My longevity doctor told me that I should take 1 gram nmn per day.

My first attempt bombed after about 10 days - I got to 750mg and then crashed and burned....it ruined my sleep (could not fall asleep and then waking during the night for2 hours), plus I felt very depressed.

I later read that it can deplete methyl groups, so I decided to go slowly and add a TMG supplement. My doctor says I need to take at least 500mg to get any benefit, but I'm having trouble getting to anywhere near that amount.

The second time  around, I started with 50 mg and slowly increased to 300mg over 14 days I also added TMG at a 1:1 ratio.

Things were going fine until 2 days ago when I noticed sleep disturbances coming back. (I always take NMN in the morning)

I've read in a few places here that some people who found it affected sleep switched to NAD+.

I'm wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations for which form may benefit me given that NMN appears to give me side effects?

I am in Australia so we don't have any sublingual products available (that I know of), so far I can only find nmn. If I felt it would work I'd be willing to purchase from overseas.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

NewLifeScience

Re: Sleep issues on NMN

Post by NewLifeScience »

There are a couple of things I have observed and I hope this helps.

First, i take any NMN product well before supper and if i was taking all 750mg at once, would like take it in the morning. Second, with such regular high daily dosing you are going to want to take TMG, which replenishes the methyl groups that are burned up through the process (methylation). 

I think if you try these 2 things you will find your issues go away.

Welcome to the group. Please keep us informed of your experience.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Hi,
I found that having a bone broth in the evening gives me a completely undisturbed 7-8 hours sleep. Apparently it is because of the glycine content. 
Maybe you could try this to see if it helps before cutting back on the NMN.

soniad

Post by soniad »

NewLifeScience wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:41 am There are a couple of things I have observed and I hope this helps.

First, i take any NMN product well before supper and if i was taking all 750mg at once, would like take it in the morning. Second, with such regular high daily dosing you are going to want to take TMG, which replenishes the methyl groups that are burned up through the process (methylation). 

Thank you!

I do take the nmn first thing in the morning, and always supplement 1:1 with TMG.

I still get sleep disturbances after about 14 days, even on a low dosage of 300mg.

soniad

Post by soniad »

RobSmith wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:38 am Hi,
I found that having a bone broth in the evening gives me a completely undisturbed 7-8 hours sleep. Apparently it is because of the glycine content. 
Maybe you could try this to see if it helps before cutting back on the NMN.

Thank you - that is interesting, I do have some glycine powder, maybe I should take some.

cheers
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

soniad wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:18 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:41 am There are a couple of things I have observed and I hope this helps.

Thank you!

I do take the nmn first thing in the morning, and always supplement 1:1 with TMG.

I still get sleep disturbances after about 14 days, even on a low dosage of 300mg.

That is unfortunate. My thoughts lead me to suggest perhaps going down to about 200mg or even 150mg and trying that level for a while. NR is also available and you may find less overall stimulation from taking it.

NMN stands apart and pretty much on its own for what it does... but the NR substitute and possibly daily use of NAD+ may be an option if you can't lower your sensitivity over time. 

I definitely could not take NMN in the evening for the first six months, but have no issues  now.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

canadahealthy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:43 am
soniad wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Thank you!

That is unfortunate. My thoughts lead me to suggest perhaps going down to about 200mg or even 150mg and trying that level for a while. NR is also available and you may find less overall stimulation from taking it.

NMN stands apart and pretty much on its own for what it does... but the NR substitute and possibly daily use of NAD+ may be an option if you can't lower your sensitivity over time. 

I definitely could not take NMN in the evening for the first six months, but have no issues  now.

Agree canadahealthy, suggest to lower the dose and take 2 days off a week.

Too much too soon is not good and can overwhelm our bodies systems. In my case I made the same mistake, started on approx 500mg sublingual (1/2 NAD and the other 1/2 NMN) got a few minor vertigo episodes. I stuck with it but reduced to 250mg for a few weeks to then sat on 500mg for a year every day feeling great. The after that year I ramped to about 1G (or a little more) 6 days a week now with a mix of NAD, NMN and NR and felt supercharged :)

Using some of the latest ABS LIPO Gel and Powder last 6months noticed even more energy and better mental sharpness, love the new NAD+ Complete LIPO, as some of the posters have said BOOM!  :D

william5

Post by william5 »

soniad wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:32 pm Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and would like some advice regarding NMN supplements.

I'm a 137lb 53YO woman.

I have made a couple of attempts to take NMN. My longevity doctor told me that I should take 1 gram nmn per day.

My first attempt bombed after about 10 days - I got to 750mg and then crashed and burned....it ruined my sleep (could not fall asleep and then waking during the night for2 hours), plus I felt very depressed.

I later read that it can deplete methyl groups, so I decided to go slowly and add a TMG supplement. My doctor says I need to take at least 500mg to get any benefit, but I'm having trouble getting to anywhere near that amount.

The second time  around, I started with 50 mg and slowly increased to 300mg over 14 days I also added TMG at a 1:1 ratio.

Things were going fine until 2 days ago when I noticed sleep disturbances coming back. I also get occasional back pain and tried changing my mattress just to make sure everything is okay. I was able to change it with the help of a mattress lifter that was gifted to me. (I always take NMN in the morning)

I've read in a few places here that some people who found it affected sleep switched to NAD+.

I'm wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations for which form may benefit me given that NMN appears to give me side effects?

I am in Australia so we don't have any sublingual products available (that I know of), so far I can only find nmn. If I felt it would work I'd be willing to purchase from overseas.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having sleep issues with the NMN supplement. It is definitely possible that it could be depleting your methyl groups, and that is why you are experiencing those symptoms. I would recommend that you try switching to NAD+ instead. It is a different form of supplementation, and many people find it to be more effective.

You may also want to look into other supplements that can help support your methylation pathways, such as folate, B12, and B6. It is also possible that you may need to lower the dosage of NMN that you are taking. It is important to take it slowly and increase the dosage gradually. I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Hi Aussie !, 
I noticed you only referred to "NMN you could find" from Australia. The Chinese are selling suppliments that contain NO mNMN , a recect lab analysis showed, that tested a dozen suppliers on the market. I ONLY use Renueby Science products because they post current independant lab tests with sales by lot number. Can't get any better than that, and they ship to you from here. Ben
Ben Y. 82 + 7 years with Renueby Science. 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic