Miscellaneous TopicsWhere do you get your longevity information from?

MJClark

Where do you get your longevity information from?

Post by MJClark »

CNN says this, FOX news says that, BBC says something completely different, and that is just the "news" of events. 

When it comes to Longevity, where do you get your information from? Are their websites, blogs, social media pages, or other sites that are your go-to sources for information on how to help you live longer? Other than Dr. Sinclair, are there other professionals that you really trust? Do you have a list of must-read books that you recommend to people who are seeking information on how to live the best life they can? 

(And of course we get information from here, but we are all already here, so I am looking for other sources too)

If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
jocko6889

Re: Where do you get your longevity information from?

Post by jocko6889 »

It's a huge field and growing daily, so sources for news or information on longevity are scattered.  This is a good place to check in but also a Facebook group called NMNfans is a good source.  If you want to learn more about NMN check out NMN.com.  https://www.lifespan.io/ is also good.  There are tons of others you can find by doing a Google search for "longevity news" or other similar searches.

Look down through the topics in this forum also as they are all longevity related - from senolytics to diet to working out.  As you get more knowledgeable, you'll figure out the areas you think are more important and can begin to focus on those.  There's just a huge amount of information out there.
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

Internet and YouTube:  Physician Committee "The Exam Room", Dr. John Campbell Md, Dr Mercola, University of California presentations, Dr. Won MD, Found My Fitness, Mark Hymand MD, Dr Whitaker, Dr. Williams, Dr Sinatra, Harvard Medical School newsletter.  I read and watch them all throughout the week.  And of course, Alive by Science forum.  

Last edited by OMillsPA on Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:56 pm Internet and YouTube:  Physician Committee "The Exam Room", Dr. John Campbell Md, Dr Mercola, University of California presentations, Dr. Won MD, Found My Fitness, Mark Hymand MD, Dr Whitaker, Dr. Williams, Dr Sinatra, Harvard Medical School newsletter.  I read and watch them all throughout the week.  And of course, Alive by Science forum.  

And reputable word of mouth “in real life time” where the person has nothing to gain apart from just wanting to help. Believe it or not, there are still some of those people out there.

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

OMillsPA wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:56 pm Internet and YouTube:  Physician Committee "The Exam Room", Dr. John Campbell Md, Dr Mercola, University of California presentations, Dr. Won MD, Found My Fitness, Mark Hymand MD, Dr Whitaker, Dr. Williams, Dr Sinatra, Harvard Medical School newsletter.  I read and watch them all throughout the week.  And of course, Alive by Science forum.  

All the above plus Dr. Peter Attia, Dr. Jason Fung and Max Lugavere and Inverse.com

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

RobSmith wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:16 am

All the above plus Dr. Peter Attia, Dr. Jason Fung and Max Lugavere and Inverse.com

Peter, Jason, Rhonda Patrick and of course Dr. Sinclair..... :D

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Ditto to all mentioned already + Dr William Li - If you all have not, buy his book Eat to Beat Disease, check out some of his presentations / interviews.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

After stumbling upon an interview with  Dr. Sinclair on the Joe Rogan podcast I was very intrigued. He spoke about NMN, but also about fasting and NAD+.

I don't even remember how the podcast ended up in my YouTube feed, but my video choices are often science, biology and health related.

I was motivated to research NMN right away and then Resveratrol and i was very excited about what I found. Coming across this forum, there were (and are) some very knowledgeable members bringing up topics from telomeres, to rapamycin, to fasting, etc.

Once you know a bit more what you need to know, then you can research. I often look at studies as they are recorded on the National Institute of Health (NIH.gov) which I personally consider authoritative. There is also Lancet, the American Journal of Medicine and Mayo Clinic studies.

But honestly I get the most food for thought right here. With so many like minded people here, there is something new almost every day.
MJClark

Post by MJClark »

I really appreciate all the great suggestions. Just bought Eat to Beat Disease this morning and will dig into that. 

If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Actually, i think a lot of people came across Dr. Sinclair on YouTube and once you start looking into things like this, they pop up on YouTube.

Interviews are much more convincing than sponsored content ... and frankly i don't like a lot of Internet Doctors.. I won't name them - but I do respect Dr. D. Sinclair and Dr. Rhonda Patrick. Also Dr. William Li.

But after starting with NMN and NAD+ and Resveratrol I find that the biggest source of information has been this forum. As you read through the forum postings here, there are dozens and dozens of studies posted about virtually anything health and longevity related.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic