NMNDosage when your still lethargic in the day, but insomnia at night

Boxcost

Re: Dosage when your still lethargic in the day, but insomnia at night

Post by Boxcost »

MJClark wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:31 am
LiveLong wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:44 am I'm 43, work out, and take a large stack of vitamins/herbs/other supplements, so several things can be at play. I also have a possible medical condition that could be causing lethargy 

I just started last month on 250 mg on NMN, now on 500mg of the sublingual tablets. I want to say around the time I started 500 mg I've had sleep disturbance, though my energy still isn't where I'd like it to be in the day. It feels like I want to switch to the liposomal or work up to a gram to get the boost I feel I need in the day, but at my age and the sleep issues I'm wondering if its possible that I'm dealing with other issues sapping my energy that NMN can't combat and my NAD+ is fine already. 

I want to try the liposomal next month, as I heard only one 250 tablet should outpace the 500 of sublingual in delivery, but I heard its time released which may make the insomnia worse. 

What would you do?

I had a similar experience to yours and discovered that when I focused on fixing the sleep issues, everything else fell into place. I now use a cpap and take magnesium, zinc, and melatonin before bed. I keep the room cold (65 in the summer and 61 in the winter), and make sure that I have no screens for at least an hour before bed. I also follow a very structured routine that includes getting up at 5am every day and getting to bed between 9 and 10 every night. 

Agree, fixing sleep issues would be the most important thing to focus on. Follow the work from the leading expert, start with: https://www.ted.com/talks/matt_walker_s ... superpower and then dive into the detail with Peter Attia and Matthew Walker https://peterattiamd.com/matthewwalker4/

Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Try lowering the lights in your computer/ TV room about an hour before retiring.. NO TV in the bedroom. Buy some Blue Light glasses on Amazon for $9. (2)and wear them during that hour before retiring. No snacks or water after 4pm. Get some exercise a few hours BEFORE retiring. No caffeine after 4pm. 
Buy a $30. "My Pillow" on Amazon. You'll sleep like a baby...
Pickleball101

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Caffeine has a half life of around 5 hours which means after a midday cup of coffee, a quarter of it will still be floating around at 10pm. I wouldn't have any caffeinated drinks after midday. Also its blue-light BLOCKING glasses that you want, otherwise I agree 100% with Pickleball.

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

When i think about lethargy now, i have to connect it to this ridiculously never-ending pandemic. It is doing a number on many people. Their memory, depression, energy, outlook... etc.

And now it looks like we may be headed for more isolation.

I wouldn't be surprised if 1/3 of the world is suffering from low-grade depression.
LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

Thumbs up for the caffeine tip. I was drinking caffeinated sodas. Since stopping its helped

I'm also back up to 750 mg. I feel this is the right dose at this point. I believe its near the dose the mice used in the aforementioned YouTube video at my weight. Instead of thinking of NMN as a Red Bull drink meant solely to pay immediate dividends, which it can, I see it as a tool over the long haul to keep you young/energetic

Might go up higher as I age or if 750 doesn't give me the boost I need over several months

Newage

Post by Newage »

LiveLong wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:43 pm Thumbs up for the caffeine tip. I was drinking caffeinated sodas. Since stopping its helped

I'm also back up to 750 mg. I feel this is the right dose at this point. I believe its near the dose the mice used in the aforementioned YouTube video at my weight. Instead of thinking of NMN as a Red Bull drink meant solely to pay immediate dividends, which it can, I see it as a tool over the long haul to keep you young/energetic

Might go up higher as I age or if 750 doesn't give me the boost I need over several months

Yes, caffeine can be a good or bad thing depending on usage. I don’t drink much coffee  but I use caffeine along with other supplements as a cognitive boost first thing in the morning but never after about 10am if I happen to miss my early dose. 
As you say LiveLong we are all in this for the “long haul” and not for the quick fix...
750 mgs to 1000 mgs of  AliveByScience NMN Sublingual sounds about right for your sweet spot but obviously no where near that amount of it is the Liposomal version..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic