NMNOk all my materials have arrived, can anyone help me on my first months dosage of the following.

TryingToLiveLonger

Ok all my materials have arrived, can anyone help me on my first months dosage of the following.

Post by TryingToLiveLonger »

I would like to do this right, 54 years old male, average health, short stocky build 170lbs..only underlying conditions are knees not what they used to be lack of cartilage in one causes chronic retention of water under knee. 

I will be taking NMN powder form, Resveratrol powder form, Berberine powder and TMG with one scoop of full fat yogurt  in the morning ..real early as I wake up before work at 330 am every day. Now what dosages of each should I be running...i was told to start slow and see many here running 1000 mgs daily, also how much berberine and tmg.  Now after I take these I still plan on taking my usual prostate health blend caplet, 1 alive multi, omega fish oil caplet and 2 full tablespoons of organic olive oil. THank you for any advice in advance that can be rendered. I will be using the powdered bags I have of nmn and res before I start on my lipo bottles that I have of NMN and Res.

Last edited by TryingToLiveLonger on Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

TryingToLiveLonger

Re: Ok all my materials have arrived, can anyone help me on my first months dosage of the following.

Ok Day 1, I went all in. Grabbed a bowl threw in a few tablespoons of whole milk yogurt..1000 mg powdered NMN, 1000 mg powdered Resveratrol 1000 mg Berberine and 1000 mg TMG.  3:00 am

Day 1 - Certainly awake now at 4 am feeling alert and energetic taking into account perhaps some due to placebo not sure as I was pretty excited to try NMN for the first time. Observations..WOW BERBERINE is BITTER !! Almost threw up so I need to somehow adjust my berberine intake with something else it is pure yellow powder that has a rancid taste even with the yogurt. Anyways maybe Ill increase the amount of yogurt but it seems to overpower the taste and even the color of the yogurt. 

Pickleball101

Re: Ok all my materials have arrived, can anyone help me on my first months dosage of the following.

Post by Pickleball101 »

TryingtoLive Longer,
My first reaction to your Trial and Error regime was WOW! Those quantities (10,000mg of NMN or 1000mg???) are staggering, as well as 1000mg of Berberine (suggested dosage of 150mg) and TMG 1000mg, (suggested dosage of 500mg.). Start slowly, these are not drugs to offer instantaneous
results, but over a few weeks , will start improving your health. Most of those in this Forum have reported easing into this with 500mg of NMN sl/day or LIPO dosages, and alternating days of TMG 500mg with exercise. The Berberine vial states 150mg /day, Not 1000Mg. My best advise is to first get PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE from doing your own research offered on this site, and by Forum members past usage-results experiences. Everyone's body is different, so start easy, tweak to your best results.
Picklerball101
TryingToLiveLonger

Pickleball101 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:07 am TryingtoLive Longer,
My first reaction to your Trial and Error regime was WOW! Those quantities (10,000mg of NMN or 1000mg???) are staggering, as well as 1000mg of Berberine (suggested dosage of 150mg) and TMG 1000mg, (suggested dosage of 500mg.). Start slowly, these are not drugs to offer instantaneous
results, but over a few weeks , will start improving your health. Most of those in this Forum have reported easing into this with 500mg of NMN sl/day or LIPO dosages, and alternating days of TMG 500mg with exercise. The Berberine vial states 150mg /day, Not 1000Mg. My best advise is to first get PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE from doing your own research offered on this site, and by Forum members past usage-results experiences. Everyone's body is different, so start easy, tweak to your best results.
Picklerball101

Thanks Pickleball ! Sorry the dosage of NMN in powder form is 1000 mg  not 10k ...my typing is horrid. I will drop the dosage of everything the NMN / res to 500 mg, and the berberine powder form will definitely be dropped to 250 or something, as for the TMG the serving size from abs is 1000 mg although I could space out one pill in the morning the other later on. I do feel great however and rocking so far after 5 hours into my morning adventure of longevity supps. I do have an after taste still of the berberine in my mouth which was brutal lmao but I will survive and certainly lower the dosage tomorrow morning.  I am going to try taking the berberine powder form either with water or with two table spoons of olive oil to dampen that horrid taste. Not sure whats optimal for berberine delivery.

*Also I don't have lipo forms of anything ..this is all powder bags except the TMG> I do have a bottle of lipo resveratrol that im saving for when the LIPO NMN i ordered arrives.

Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Good start. Berberine dosage is printed as 150mg. Start with that.. and look to the posted Forum for others success.
Newage

Post by Newage »

TryingToLiveLonger.
In my personal opinion far to much too soon.
As pickleball suggested slowly increase intake over a period of 4 to 6 weeks working towards your sweet spot. With NMN Powder you should start with 250mg daily (mornings) for a week and add 125mgs per week until you max out at 1000mg (if you need that much.) Match the TMG to the same milligrams.
eg 500mgs of NMN = 500mgs of TMG and so on.
As for the Berberine the ABS Lipo version has 150 mgs per capsule which equates to about 500mgs (give or take) in Powder form comparing bioavailability.
Most of us “crawled before we walked” with quantity’s using NMN and NAD+ and 4 to 6 weeks is not a long time taking into account the big picture. Good luck with your longevity journey... :shock:

TryingToLiveLonger

Newage wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:35 pm TryingToLiveLonger.
In my personal opinion far to much too soon.
As pickleball suggested slowly increase intake over a period of 4 to 6 weeks working towards your sweet spot. With NMN Powder you should start with 250mg daily (mornings) for a week and add 125mgs per week until you max out at 1000mg (if you need that much.) Match the TMG to the same milligrams.
eg 500mgs of NMN = 500mgs of TMG and so on.
As for the Berberine the ABS Lipo version has 150 mgs per capsule which equates to about 500mgs (give or take) in Powder form comparing bioavailability.
Most of us “crawled before we walked” with quantity’s using NMN and NAD+ and 4 to 6 weeks is not a long time taking into account the big picture. Good luck with your longevity journey... :shock:

Good stuff, thanks for the tips Newage !!!!!!!!!

Day 2: I seemed to wake up this morning right away on the dime 330 am without my usual half drunk swagger.
I was up right and alert and have to say this stuff seems to dial you in on your surroundings faster, reactions and general alertness seems to be way up. Hit my cycle of nmn/resv/berb [Berberine taste still sucks, how do you take the powdered form correctly and this is telling me one serving is 1000mgs from ProHealth  ? ABS was oos when I was looking for it, I dont have capsule form] with whole milk full fat yogurt this morning, along with my usual omega fish oil, prostate blend [pumpkin seed, palmytic acid, Oleic Acid, Lycopene] , Alive botanical energy blend multi, 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil and was out the door with a steady vigor none of the usual lagging fatigue I get from being up at 3 in the morning. Again is it placebo, I am kind of leaning towards not since my energy levels have been through the roof now for 2 days.  Anyways im home from work feeling alert and still good to go so everything seems great so far.  So my questions are how to stifle the taste of Berberine powdered form ? and How long can I stay on NMN/Resv in general before I need to break ? Thanks in advance for the helpful advice and tolerating my noobness to the longevity community. Learning as I go ..

Newage

Post by Newage »

TryingToLiveLonger.
I take AliveByScience Lipo Berberine Capsules and there is no after taste at all, so try and get hold of that product as soon as you can.
A placebo effect can be very mimicking but if you were initially depleted of NMN/NAD+ then you can get that instantaneous energy rush that you have experienced.Some of us on the forum have had those initial positive energy levels. I personally would stay on your regimen taking the ABS products (in my opinion far better than anything else out there) every day for the 4 to 6 week quantity build up period and then drop 1 to 2 days a week. I take all my supplements Monday to Friday and take weekends off everything. As a plus it will also extend your product usage...
TryingToLiveLonger

Newage wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:46 pm TryingToLiveLonger.
I take AliveByScience Lipo Berberine Capsules and there is no after taste at all, so try and get hold of that product as soon as you can.
A placebo effect can be very mimicking but if you were initially depleted of NMN/NAD+ then you can get that instantaneous energy rush that you have experienced.Some of us on the forum have had those initial positive energy levels. I personally would stay on your regimen taking the ABS products (in my opinion far better than anything else out there) every day for the 4 to 6 week quantity build up period and then drop 1 to 2 days a week. I take all my supplements Monday to Friday and take weekends off everything. As a plus it will also extend your product usage...

Very helpful thank you, I'll stay on track then and continue then and just continue to post above on my reactions as the weeks roll by. 
Newage

Post by Newage »

Remember TryingToLiveLonger, as youngsters we all crawled before we walked.It is very tempting to rush the NMN/NAD+ journey but bigger things await the ones that take their time. I think they made a movie about it 
“The Never Ending Journey”. lol 😂 
That adds meaning to the Longevity Pathway...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic