LongevityArticle: "Many of the Longest-Living People on the Planet Consume L-Theanine Daily..."

OzSport

Article: "Many of the Longest-Living People on the Planet Consume L-Theanine Daily..."

Post by OzSport »

I hadn't heard of this antioxidant before, but considering that there are quite a number of articles out there about tea and longevity, I guess this shouldn't be a surprise!   :)

Check out this article about how an antioxidant called L-Theanine, which is found in tea, contributes to longevity: 
"Many of the Longest-Living People on the Planet Consume L-Theanine Daily, but It's Only Found in One Ingredient" (that is indeed a long title, haha!):  https://www.wellandgood.com/l-theanine-benefits/

Here are some other articles discussing tea and longevity:

canadahealthy

Re: Article: "Many of the Longest-Living People on the Planet Consume L-Theanine Daily..."

Post by canadahealthy »

Nice to see this article.

I actually take Theanine because it gives me more restful sleep.
drkris69

Re: Article: "Many of the Longest-Living People on the Planet Consume L-Theanine Daily..."

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there so L- Theanine is an essential amino acid which helps with relaxation and anxiety. I personally take it at night for better sleep. :D

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

A green tea every night 2 hours before sleep for me. A Sencha and Matcha mix, I drink / eat the tea leaves as well :)
TedB

Post by TedB »

This sounds like something i may try to get to sleep easier. I think it is extremely inexpensive too.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I guess green tea extract would contain both l-theanine and EGCG both of which have reputations for longevity. So how would we split that hair?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I take L-theanine with magnesium threonate  for sleep and it works great!
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Another article praising tea!  This one quotes Dr. David Sinclair and his affinity for matcha (ground up green tea):

"I'm a Longevity and Anti-Aging Expert, and This is My Hot Drink of Choice":  https://www.wellandgood.com/matcha-longevity/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic