NMNHow to spot degradation of NMN

naruto123

How to spot degradation of NMN

Post by naruto123 »

Hi everyone. Just came across this forum and am
after some advice on NMN.

After looking around I purchased some sublingual NMN and Resveratrol (1). I was tempted to purchase from Alive by science but as I'm UK based I was concerned about contamination during shipping. Then again who knows where longevity uk ships theirs in from. I think they're decent quality and they both claim to have been 3rd part tested and GMP certified. Have included the links below if anyone wanted to check them out. I digress..

How can I tell if the NMN has degraded? Does it change colour? What colour should it be? I've saw a comment from Dr Sinclair saying that when it degrades it turns to nicotinamide, although I found a site clarifying that was referring to unstabalised NMN, which is not what most places sell. (2) I plan to store mine in the fridge.

Is anyone able to set me straight on this please? Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I want able to find anything.

thanks

(1)

https://longevitybox.co.uk/products/pur ... owder-100g

https://longevitybox.co.uk/products/pur ... rol-powder

(2)

https://nadlab.uk/does-nmn-need-to-be-kept-cold/

NewLifeScience

Re: How to spot degradation of NMN

Post by NewLifeScience »

I am confident that if you buy NMN from a quality source and store it in the fridge, you will have no degradation issues.

When the pandemic first hit, i received one bottle of SL Powdered NMN that had likely been in the mail for a few weeks. There was nothing wrong with the quality.

I can't speak to what it would look like, but all NMN products, outside of Liposomal NMN is chalk white. And it always remains chalk-white. SO it stays as fresh as the day you get it.

I would personally recommend the Liposomal NMN. It survives the GI-tract and delivers far more NMN to your tissues that anything before it. It is in a stabilized gel form or in capsule form. I used to take 750 mg of sublingual NMN, but with the Liposomal i am good with 375 or 500mg five days per week.
naruto123

Post by naruto123 »

@NLS thank you. I've already gone and ordered a 3 month supply for sublingual NMN so will need to wait until I'm done with this batch.

Do you know if that version lasts longer if taking NMN abroad? I plan to travel to Asia so am worried when I land the temperature could be upwards of 24 Celsius. I'd be storing it in a hotel fridge but not sure if it would survive the journey. 

Also do you have a preferred brand? I'm based in the UK so would need to find something coming from within the EU.

naruto123

Post by naruto123 »

Hi forgot to ask, NAD lab looks to be an authorised reseller of ABS for the UK. They're out of stock so I'm looking at their Lipo NMN + Resveratrol gel. 

1 serving (2 pumps) is 240mg of NMN and 40mg of Reversatrol. You mentioned above that you required a smaller dose of NMN when using the Lipo products but does the same apply to the Resveratrol? 

https://nadlab.uk/product/nmn-with-resv ... ngual-gel/

Only reason I ask is I read David Sinclair takes 1g NMN and 0.5g Resveratrol. 

PS apologies for the double post. For some reason (probably as I'm new), my posts need to be approved so as my previous reply hasn't yet made it through I wasn't able to edit it.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

I live in the UK and I buy everything from ABS and its all fine even without priority delivery. 

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

naruto123 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:42 pm Hi forgot to ask, NAD lab looks to be an authorised reseller of ABS for the UK. They're out of stock so I'm looking at their Lipo NMN + Resveratrol gel. 

1 serving (2 pumps) is 240mg of NMN and 40mg of Reversatrol. You mentioned above that you required a smaller dose of NMN when using the Lipo products but does the same apply to the Resveratrol? 

PS apologies for the double post. For some reason (probably as I'm new), my posts need to be approved so as my previous reply hasn't yet made it through I wasn't able to edit it.

Yes, a smaller dose of liposomal is correct for both lipo NMN and lipo resveratrol.  Sinclair actually takes 1 gram of each every day, but that is non-liposomal.  For equivalent lipo dose you could do 250-350mg per day of each.

naruto123

Post by naruto123 »

jocko6889 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:44 pm
naruto123 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:42 pm Hi forgot to ask, NAD lab looks to be an authorised reseller of ABS for the UK. They're out of stock so I'm looking at their Lipo NMN + Resveratrol gel. 

Yes, a smaller dose of liposomal is correct for both lipo NMN and lipo resveratrol.  Sinclair actually takes 1 gram of each every day, but that is non-liposomal.  For equivalent lipo dose you could do 250-350mg per day of each.

Thanks Jocko. And please excuse my ignorance... :)

So in that case I might top up with Resveratrol powder, say 200mg.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic