NMNWould NMN help my dad

nycbhoy

Would NMN help my dad

Post by nycbhoy »

Hey all. Hope everyone is doing well. 

i posted recently about myself having just started taking some NMN and resveratrol and some were kind enough to answer a few questions. 

hoping some knowledgeable people could also tell me if my dad could benefit from taking some products. 

long story short. He lives in Spain. Is 78 years old and generally healthy. Plays golf 2 or 3 times a week and the sun shines more or less every day. 

However, he has a few health issues that he needs to take traditional medicine for. He has suffered with high platelets as a result of some kind of bone marrow disorder. That requires regular bloodwork to monitor and pills to lower the platelet count. 

He also has Polymyalgia rheumatica which causes aches and pains and definitely gets him down when it flares up. 

Again, something he can try to regulate with pills. 

I’m wondering whether NMN / resveratrol or other products could help him with either of these conditions and if they would be compatible with his medication. 

Thanks in advance for any advice / suggestions. 

Cheers

drkris69

Re: Would NMN help my dad

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there, so NMN works on the Mitochondria and also strengthens blood vessels. I dont think NMN would harm him but I would start with 1 per day for 10 days and if all is well then bump up to 2 per day.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:35 am Hey there, so NMN works on the Mitochondria and also strengthens blood vessels. I dont think NMN would harm him but I would start with 1 per day for 10 days and if all is well then bump up to 2 per day.

Good advice Drkris69.
“Always test the water before you dive in”

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

nycbhoy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:25 am I’m wondering whether NMN / resveratrol or other products could help him with either of these conditions and if they would be compatible with his medication. 

It's difficult to keep track of all the things NMN helps with.  As Dr. Sinclair says, without NAD+ you would die in 20 seconds.  It's a fundamental molecule needed to produce cellular energy, but we make less and less as we age, hence many diseases of old age could be helped with supplementation.  So whenever anyone has a health issue, I say try it.  It certainly can't hurt.  Just the other day I found a skin condition on one of my cats.  I have been applying Renue Serum with NAD+ to it and within a few days, the skin condition has all but disappeared.  I've become like the snake oil salesman in the old wild, wild west.  "I've got this bottle of tonic that will fix anything that ails you".

Newage

Post by Newage »

Careful Jocko.. They used to drive those guys out of town.  lol.. :lol:

nycbhoy

Post by nycbhoy »

Thanks all. I will encourage him to take some and see what happens. Like you said, worst case scenario it doesn’t help him but I’m hoping that maybe it at least helps wi the the polymyalgia thanks to its anti inflammatory properties. 
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I think you and your Dad will be impressed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic