ExerciseHow many people are struggling to keep exercising?

CeeJayBee

Re: How many people are struggling to keep exercising?

Post by CeeJayBee »

aaaaaand i still haven't started running..
but i did take off the clothing that was hanging on  my treadmill!

:)

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

I hear you. You are probably burnt out. I dare you to get dressed in your running gear, then take it back off. I bet you will end up running, but it doesn't matter. I double-dog-dare you!
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Yeah, just stand on the thing and take a few steps....
and then tomorrow take a few more...
Newage

Post by Newage »

RobSmith wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:29 am Yeah, just stand on the thing and take a few steps....
and then tomorrow take a few more...

Good advice RobSmith.. As young humans, we all crawl before we walk before we run.One step at a time should be the motto.As you say the important thing is to make a start and for go the excuses.   :roll: 

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

I have been lucky in Alberta to have to get out and shovel at least 40 times in the past 2 months. That means fresh air, and good exercise.

I have also been out working on my truck.

Once i start going back to work in person... it is a sedentary job... so i have to think about starting something up. Probably my old treadmill.

I know it works, it certainly isn't suffering from wear! lol.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Chris, In my last post, I had offered a suggestion to try Pickleball, for exercise. Most people relate to a singular effort, that's hard to initiate.
When you walk onto a Pickleball court, paddle in hand, there are three others waiting to start play. That's an ice -breaker. Even walking into a Senor Rec center gym will find 3-4 courts of 20-30 players there to blast away. You'll be able to pick your own skill level to play, so no intimidation.
Almost every community has this fastest growing sport in America to offer. Google search "Pickleball Play in your community" for times and places. Most are free, offer even loaner paddles and instruction. To watch a good starter tutorial for interest , YouTube search " Pickleball101" by Joe Baker for rules of play , court feet placement, advance action play. There are hundreds of other tutorials tips offered to increase skill level. It's addictive because it's More than exercise. It's a whole new world of Social Interaction, on first name basis. Competitive, Matched skill play, and self reinforcing with almost immediate healthier life style benefits.
Pickleball101, Ben 81

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I don't know where everyone stands on Covid these days... unfortunately I have to act like a vulnerable and frail elderly person, since I care for one.

So in my mind that eliminates group sports. I am glad to have shoveling as a requirement nearly 4 times a week up here
(it has been insane - snow mageddon) you would have to believe it to see it. 

It feels so good to get out early in the day and shovel. I have a snow blower, but if you get out early enough, it is easier to shovel things right after a snow fall ends.

Also, I do get on the treadmill and workout in 3 month spurts before getting distracted. 

But I will be honest. my NMN and NAD+ and Resveratrol make me feel less guilty.
noko

Post by noko »

I like to run outside at least 3 times a week, 4 is the goal. Lift weights 2x/week at Planet Fitness.

Other more interesting activities that can get your breath pumping is VR and games/activities like Beat Saber and boxing simulators such as Thrill Of The Fight (this one can be very exhausting even though you are hitting air, it just does not feel like that is what you doing, amazing). So thinking out of the box may help plus keep moving and stretching. I don't want to walk, run, move as an old man with stiff joints mostly due to not moving for several decades. Of course prudence, not injuring one self, sufficient time to recover, good sleep, food and supplements that actually do work is also key.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

noko wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:46 pm I like to run outside at least 3 times a week, 4 is the goal. Lift weights 2x/week at Planet Fitness.

Other more interesting activities that can get your breath pumping is VR and games/activities like Beat Saber and boxing simulators such as Thrill Of The Fight (this one can be very exhausting even though you are hitting air, it just does not feel like that is what you doing, amazing). So thinking out of the box may help plus keep moving and stretching. I don't want to walk, run, move as an old man with stiff joints mostly due to not moving for several decades. Of course prudence, not injuring one self, sufficient time to recover, good sleep, food and supplements that actually do work is also key.

I bought a commercial grade Nordic Track treadmill with iFit so I can train indoors anytime. Also do some weight training.  OMAD to induce autophagy.

TedB

Post by TedB »

I've rebooted my treadmill routine. 3-4 times a week, after a 4 month hiatus.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic