FastingAnyone fasting or planning to?

michaeljkelly

Re: Anyone fasting or planning to?

Post by michaeljkelly »

Some of you folks are hard core :)

I can do a one day fast... and that is it. But I think I did 5 days at 600 calories or less, and one was liquids only.

It was not easy. I think I just prefer the NMN. :)

TedB

Post by TedB »

I have had about 3 days a week (in a row)  where I am eating one meal a day (OMAD). I will likely make this a full time thing.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

TedB wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:14 pm I have had about 3 days a week (in a row)  where I am eating one meal a day (OMAD). I will likely make this a full time thing.

I think if you treat it like a supplement you would skip 1 or 2 days per week to avoid homeostasis. But this would generate both NMN, raising NAD+ and promote autophagy of senescent cells. For free!

TedB

Post by TedB »

So i have been fasting 3 times per week from 6pm to 12noon and it feels great.

I might even go from 6pm to 2 pm to squeeze my eating into 4 hours.
Newage

Post by Newage »

TedB wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:51 pm So i have been fasting 3 times per week from 6pm to 12noon and it feels great.

I might even go from 6pm to 2 pm to squeeze my eating into 4 hours.

I think you are right on the money TedB with 18 hours fasting and 6 hours eating window
(3 times a week)
Be careful that extended time fuel free per day on a consistent long term basis doesn’t play havoc with your sugar levels.
We were designed to intermittent fast on the basis of availability of the next meal by way of hunting and gathering and not necessarily by working to a time table..
I believe in the quality of food and not necessarily the quantity.
On those 3 fasting days if you restrict your eating window to no more than 2000 kilojoules you will have massive weight loss in a very short period of time.. :o

TedB

Post by TedB »

Lately i am down to a four hour window... i think i eat less that way and I can afford the weight loss.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well i am going to attempts a 2 week fast late September. 500 calories per day... soup and stew and a little bit of protein.

i have renos to do right now so i need the energy.
Newage

Post by Newage »

NewLifeScience wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:29 pm Well i am going to attempts a 2 week fast late September. 500 calories per day... soup and stew and a little bit of protein.

i have renos to do right now so i need the energy.

If you stick to that fast and calorie intake for 2 weeks you will have great weight loss NewLifeScience.
You will be a “shadow of your former self”  :lol:

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Have you tried IF? Do the 18 hr fast 3 to 4 days per week. This is the easiest way to lose weight. Then try to push IF to 24hr 3 to 4 times per week. I lost 35 lbs this way in 3 mos.
larsonn

Post by larsonn »

I have an easy time fasting.  At times where I've been very busy in life, I've known myself to go 48 hours without eating just because I'm too busy to eat.

I've always wanted to do a longer water fast, but you can't do it and train.  I injured my knee a bit in BJJ on Monday, so figured this is the perfect time to give it a shot.
I'm on a water fast at the moment (only drink water, no food), currently about 87 hours in.  I play to go for 120 hours and then have food to eat.
Anyone here ever done a water fast?  How did you like it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic