NAD+ PreserversEGCG reduces stress and anxiety in new study

NadFan

EGCG reduces stress and anxiety in new study

Post by NadFan »

People who supplemented 300 mg EGCG (found in green tea) daily experienced increased calmness and less stress and had an increase in alpha, beta, and theta activity in certain brain regions compared to people taking a placebo.

This trial was a double-blind placebo-controlled trial that found that those taking EGCG did experience less anxiety and felt calmer compared to those given a placebo. The EGCG group also had an increase in several different types of brain waves including those activated during mediation in the frontal gyrus and medial frontal gyrus brain regions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/221 ... hPixDRmeQ

EGCG is included in our NAD+ activator, along with fisetin,Astragaloside IV and Pterostilbene. They've all been shown to have numerous health benefits. Of course they also all activate ampk and increase endogenous NAD+ production.

It's no coincidence - supplements with the most health benefits also boost NAD+

https://alivebynature.com/product/nad-a ... -capsules/

Asclepius

Re: EGCG reduces stress and anxiety in new study

Post by Asclepius »

I've been a massive fan of Green Tea (watch out for teeth stains though, it's as bad as coffee when it comes to that, so follow up with a rinse or a glass of water).

I recommend getting higher quality loose leaf green tea and try to find something that indicates freshness as this is a major factor in how much EGCG it contains.

Matcha is a safe bet but it's also quite expensive (they say it has 3 times more antioxidants than regular green tea) - but I personally choose the nicer loose leaf green tea options.
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

Very interesting research. I'm also a big fan of green tea. Half of the dry weight of green tea is EGCG, so you always get enough amount.
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Alxd

Post by Alxd »

It should be noted that drinking up to 10 cups a day of green tea is safe. But over that it has detrimental effects on the kidneys. Capsules can have as much as the equivalent of 90 cups of green tea and this is not considered safe. You might consider l theanine as an alternative.
Alxd

Post by Alxd »

I mistakenly said that our kidneys might be negatively affected by excessive amounts of EGCG Its the liver. https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/do ... .2018.5239
Newage

Post by Newage »

The perfect guideline for everything from food to supplements to sunshine...
“ Everything in moderation “
More is not always better.
JL777

Post by JL777 »

I have recently added the Nad+ optimizers series to my regimen and can tell! They work really well
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I have also added the NAD+ optimizers to my regiment but am only taking half the recommended dosage as I am 30 yrs old, and assuming my body is still producing these chemicals naturally... dose anyone agree or disagree with this method at my age?
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Yes, I agree. Younger people typically have higher levels of NAD when compare to older adults. Green tea can harm the liver if excessive amounts are used. A recent case study was released that talks of a patient that was taking green tea capsules daily and presented to a physician with concerns of cancer. Testing found no cancer but the doctor did find the patient had damaged the liver. All supplements can have good and bad results!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), also known as epigallocatechin-3-gallate, is the ester of epigallocatechin and gallic acid, and is a type of catechin.

For reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigallocatechin_gallate

btw, i simply can't have more than 2 green teas a day... my bladder turns into a leaky faucet. I'd take capsules if i could find a good source.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic