NutritionSugar substitutes

NewLifeScience

Sugar substitutes

Post by NewLifeScience »

I am finally taking no sugar in my coffee. But, i am taking a sugar substitute as well as drinking a fair bit of diet soda with orange juice.

There's Dextrose, maltodextrin, sucralose in my splenda, and my diet ginger ale, ASPARTAME (82 mg/ 355 mL CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE)

What do you all think of this?

Pickleball101

Re: Sugar substitutes (Aspartame HIGHLY TOXIC)

Post by Pickleball101 »

Aspartame is a highly toxic chemical that Airline pilots are prohibited from ingestion up to 12 hours prior to flight. It will not help you loose weight and is NOT a sugar replacement. It's a chemical you should avoid in All foods, not just a supplement added to them. You can find it is added to many in the "Ingredients" listed on the labels. It does just the opposite, by confusing the digestive system of what to do with it. 
As a pilot of over 50 years, both Commercial and USAF, I had suffered from some of it's "brain fog " effects in my 30's, and cleared that up with a 
Flight Surgeons recommendation. You won't hear much guidance from most Drs. fearful of suit by crooked lawyers using FDA acceptance. Check out the article below and others from your own research.
https://magnesiumandhealth.com/flight-safety/

Ben, 81. Pickleball101

Last edited by Pickleball101 on Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
drkris69

Re: Sugar substitutes

Post by drkris69 »

I agree with Pickleball.....Avoid at all cost! Extremely toxic. Other subs would be Monkfruit and Ethyritol are better options.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:41 pm I agree with Pickleball.....Avoid at all cost! Extremely toxic. Other subs would be Monkfruit and Ethyritol are better options.

I totally agree with Pickleball and drkris69. There are some very nasty artificial sweetener’s out there.
Mountain Spring Water with a splash of Natural Fruit juice is the go….

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Wow. Well, that is clear. I am definitely going to stay away.

I have tried to switch to sugar free coffee, but i don't have the will power, so I will try one of these suggested and safe subs, thank you.

Newage

Post by Newage »

NewLifeScience wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:03 am  
Wow. Well, that is clear. I am definitely going to stay away.

I have tried to switch to sugar free coffee, but i don't have the will power, so I will try one of these suggested and safe subs, thank you.

Like any “drug” NewLifeScience, it takes time to wean yourself completely off sugar and it’s highly addictive properties. Do the best you can and the less added sugar that you use the sweeter all foods end up tasting on their own (including your cup of coffee)

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:41 pm I agree with Pickleball.....Avoid at all cost! Extremely toxic. Other subs would be Monkfruit and Ethyritol are better options.

Which one of these would taste closest to sugar?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Personally I think the erythritol is the closest to sugar. The one brand I use is called Swerve. They make it in brown sugar and regular grandular sugar. Its awesome.
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

Splenda is a good one in Canada. No Aspartame.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Yes.Splenda is the best bet here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic