ExerciseExercise as senolytics

AlbertY

Exercise as senolytics

Post by AlbertY »

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/acel.13294

This is a systemic review paper that found:

Exercise can reduce the markers of senescent cells in healthy humans, while it lowered the markers of senescent cells in obese but not healthy animals. The discrepancy between human and animal studies may be due to the relatively small volume of research and the variations in markers of senescent cells, types of cells/tissues, and health conditions. These findings suggest that exercise has senolytic properties under certain conditions, which warrant further investigations.

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Newage

Re: Exercise as senolytics

Post by Newage »

Just one more of the many many benefits of exercise.
Sit on the couch and watch TV as the “bad cells” proliferate.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

So certain forms of exercise ( i am thinking of cardio... or exercises that really work on your lean muscle mass) destroy inflammatory processes in your blood and tissue,

If it is also performing autophagy, then i really have stacked things up for clearing out inflammatory and cellular debris.

Now i just want all my hair to grow back like a Chia plant.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Also the boost of feel good endorphins released by exercise. The harder the effort the better you feel afterwards.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

So many senolytic opportunities.

I don't know if this is the same process, but i remember reading long ago that when endorphins are released, they essentially bathe the blood of inflammatory agents, like catecholamines (caused by stress).

normally i'd surf around looking for a study to back this up...  but not tonight! 

but i can tell from experience this is true. If I've had a stressful day, a run washes a lot of this away.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Even if i feel exhausted due to stress, once i am on the elliptical, i can do a full session.

Along with everything else i do, it is nice to know exercise has this same action, as well as flushing through the sweath glands and moving toxins through the lymph system.
Newage

Post by Newage »

jessicaP wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:39 am Even if i feel exhausted due to stress, once i am on the elliptical, i can do a full session.

Along with everything else i do, it is nice to know exercise has this same action, as well as flushing through the sweath glands and moving toxins through the lymph system.

There are many hidden benefits to the body from exercise. It’s not only the obvious benefits but the ones that do not necessarily register at the time. Exercising at altitude for better performance at sea level is one example.

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I have noticed someone mentioned they feel the benefits of NMN more when they exercising. I have notice this too, I am not only doing better and recovering quicker when I exercise, but the NMN does more for me overall when I exercise.
Newage

Post by Newage »

jessicaP wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:44 pm I have noticed someone mentioned they feel the benefits of NMN more when they exercising. I have notice this too, I am not only doing better and recovering quicker when I exercise, but the NMN does more for me overall when I exercise.

It’s a “double whammy” benefit towards wellbeing when you combine NMN, NAD+ and exercise.

AJayeJ

Post by AJayeJ »

Thanks so much for sharing this Albert, and thanks to all for sharing their experiences!!
I hope that your hair makes a re-appearance soon, NewLifeScience!  :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic