LongevityNMN - TMG - MTHFR (methylation issues)

TinaforLife

NMN - TMG - MTHFR (methylation issues)

Post by TinaforLife »

Seems the more I research, the more confusing/contradictory this longevity journey gets LOL 

Watching a David Sinclair video posted here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e3rUrKgXKg) it appears that taking NMN can impact methylation. So you need to take TMG. But that can also affect methylation negatively? I have one MTHFR SNP, and a few other methylation ones, and I thought both those supplements helped. Any thoughts? 

Also I understand metformin can also negatively impact methylation.  :roll:

Cheers,
Tina

Newage

Re: NMN - TMG - MTHFR (methylation issues)

Post by Newage »

TinaforLife wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:52 pm Seems the more I research, the more confusing/contradictory this longevity journey gets LOL 

Watching a David Sinclair video posted here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e3rUrKgXKg) it appears that taking NMN can impact methylation. So you need to take TMG. But that can also affect methylation negatively? I have one MTHFR SNP, and a few other methylation ones, and I thought both those supplements helped. Any thoughts? 

Also I understand metformin can also negatively impact methylation.  :roll:

Cheers,
Tina

I also struggle with the effects of TMG. I take Methyl Folate along with Methyl B12 in higher daily quantities and have just ordered DMG to try as an alternative to TMG.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Alternate days with RbS TMG. Best to take it at same time as LIPO products that do not have TMG.
Ben Y. 81+,Pickleball101 RbS 4 years
TinaforLife

Post by TinaforLife »

Thanks for the input! Sorry, the week has gotten away from me  :roll: 

NewAge, I shall look into DMG, as I've never heard of it. I take methylated B12 too, and Pure Encapsulations has a one/day multivitamin with methylated Bs. 

Pickleball, I will alternate. I don't think I take anything else with TMG, so that should be easy. 

This is a site I'm interested in digging more into: https://www.beyondmthfr.com  

Cheers!
TinaforLife

Post by TinaforLife »

I also struggle with the effects of TMG. I take Methyl Folate along with Methyl B12 in higher daily quantities and have just ordered DMG to try as an alternative to TMG.

PS. I am curious as to what effects you're seeing from TMG. 
Newage

Post by Newage »

TinaforLife wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:15 pm

PS. I am curious as to what effects you're seeing from TMG. 

With me, it seems to cause a certain amount of nausea if I take 1 gram daily but as we know everyone is different..

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Same here Newage, alittle nausea and just in general dont feel well after taking TMG. Methylated vitamins are the way to go because I will never stop taking NAD boosters. And they are only getting better as time goes on. Its a great time to be alive and to live to 120.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:00 pm Same here Newage, alittle nausea and just in general dont feel well after taking TMG. Methylated vitamins are the way to go because I will never stop taking NAD boosters. And they are only getting better as time goes on. Its a great time to be alive and to live to 120.

The problem that can surface is the inability with metabolism and absorption of Folate if you are unfortunate enough to have the single, or worse still, the double MTHFR Gene Mutation.
Easily fixed by taking 5mg daily of Methyl Folate and at least 1 to 2 mgs of Methyl B12 daily..It has to be the Methyl (activated) form of both.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Its an easy fix isnt it. ;)

TinaforLife

Post by TinaforLife »

This is all good to know, thanks! I have 1/2 MTHFR Snps, but a couple other methyl ones too. I only take 500 mg of TMG a day, but I"m going to start cycling every other day. 

I haven't noticed any appreciable difference yet at 4 months in, but I feel great knowing I'm helping my body regenerate! My hubby's even doing it, and he does NOT like to take supps. 

Also want to say that I love the support and info here! Y'all are awesome  :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic