SenolyticsBerberine and Metformin

JanCOhio

Re: Berberine and Metformin

Post by JanCOhio »

OMillsPA wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:18 pm I'm sorry, I do not know how to create a new post.  But I have a survey question concerning Berberine.  The question is:  Does anyone get jittery or itchy when taking Berberine?  I take care of my mother who is almost 88.  She scratch's her skin to bleeding.  I'm wondering if Berberine is causing it.  I've cut back to only Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  It seems to not exist on the off days.  Any comments?  We've been on the program for over a year with good results.  This is my main concern right now.  Thanks.

Is she taking the Lipo Berberine? If not some powdered capsules make me very very dry... like i woke up with a headache.

Maybe her skin was dry and then got itchy?

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

We are taking the Lipo versions by RBS.  Like most older people, I do not think she is drinking enough liquids.  But she eats a tremendous amount of fuits like grapes, oranges, bananas, strawberries, grapes, etc.  I notice being jittery with the LIpo Berberine but not the Defender.  But I can get rid of that by going for a run or bike ride.  I'm just trying to figure this out.  We both are losing weight with the berberine though.  I'm just going to cut back on all the supplements with the cost of living getting a bit out of control.  Someone mentioned once that it may be good to give your liver a break too.  I do not plan on ordering the Lipo Berberine again.  I'm going to stick with the Defender product as I don't feel the need to lose any more weight.  A smaller dose with Defender.
Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:33 pm We are taking the Lipo versions by RBS.  Like most older people, I do not think she is drinking enough liquids.  But she eats a tremendous amount of fuits like grapes, oranges, bananas, strawberries, grapes, etc.  I notice being jittery with the LIpo Berberine but not the Defender.  But I can get rid of that by going for a run or bike ride.  I'm just trying to figure this out.  We both are losing weight with the berberine though.  I'm just going to cut back on all the supplements with the cost of living getting a bit out of control.  Someone mentioned once that it may be good to give your liver a break too.  I do not plan on ordering the Lipo Berberine again.  I'm going to stick with the Defender product as I don't feel the need to lose any more weight.  A smaller dose with Defender.

The Lipo Berberine like most supplements can affect individuals differently. I take it Mon to Friday (weekends off all supplements) and I don’t notice any jittery aspects to it.
As you say, it’s very beneficial for weight loss.

PJM

Post by PJM »

I have read a couple of studies on Berberine where a small number of patients withdrew because they developed rashes.  So skin issues appear to be relatively rare but not altogether unusual.

You might want to try treating the itchiness with fexofenadine (Allegra) before giving up completely on the Berberine.  The 180mg once-a-day product would be your best bet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic