Customer SupportHow do I get started?

Mybonnyblue

How do I get started?

Post by Mybonnyblue »

first time posting a topic.  tried looking for something similar thats already been posted, but couldnt find one. 

i'm 53 and have been taking various RBS products over the last 18+ months.  i consider myself to be in pretty good shape, active, am not overweight, have no glaring health issues.  i am starting to experience cognitive decline which seems to run in my family.  right now im taking all three formulas activator, defender and energizer + NMN.  i guess they're working just fine, but how do i know?

asking for insight from you guys...

how do i know what i should be taking or what my body needs?  sometimes i think im wasting money with supplements but i dont want to wait until i have issues to start taking them.  i want to stay on the forefront of issues that could come along later.

jocko6889

Re: How do I get started?

Post by jocko6889 »

Mybonnyblue wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:44 pm first time posting a topic.  tried looking for something similar thats already been posted, but couldnt find one. 

i'm 53 and have been taking various RBS products over the last 18+ months.  i consider myself to be in pretty good shape, active, am not overweight, have no glaring health issues.  i am starting to experience cognitive decline which seems to run in my family.  right now im taking all three formulas activator, defender and energizer + NMN.  i guess they're working just fine, but how do i know?

how do i know what i should be taking or what my body needs?  sometimes i think im wasting money with supplements but i dont want to wait until i have issues to start taking them.  i want to stay on the forefront of issues that could come along later.

You're right as far as not knowing whether you're wasting your money.  Many of these changes are "under the hood" so to speak, like an oil change for your car.  You're not going to get back in and notice your car runs any better but your car will last longer over time and avoid break downs.  I've taken the NAD+ levels tests so know that the NAD+ boosters like NMN raise my NAD+ levels, but this is the only way to know for certain and the tests can be expensive.

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Mybonnyblue wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:44 pm how do i know what i should be taking or what my body needs? sometimes i think im wasting money with supplements but i dont want to wait until i have issues to start taking them. i want to stay on the forefront of issues that could come along later.

Good question, I have tried to tackle the answer with...

Loads of testing to better target. Do a genetic test, find out if you have any specific genetic tenancies or inefficiencies, also Include a periodic broad range of blood tests, continuous glucose monitor, gut microbiome, NAD+ test, etc.  - measure what you can to see if you have any areas to target with supplementation or diet changes.

Then targeting the things that "naturally decline with age", in some cases* from our early 20's, key examples for me include include:
- NAD+ so NMN, NR, etc.
- Collagen*
- Vitamin D
- Hyaluronic Acid*
- Melatonin

Then there is the "stuff you want" but you "don't or can't get from your diet", some examples in my case:
- Vitamin K2-MK7 due to generic issues, plus I just don't eat enough fermented beans and there are limits to how much cheese you can have... or is there??  :lol:

- Fish Oil again as I have genetic issues and just don't eat enough fish!
- TMG mitigating another genetic issue for me with the MTHFR gene, balances NMN, etc.
- LIPO Green Tea extract, I just don't drink enough green!
- Creatine

Beyond this is more into bio-hacking, this depends on where you are personally, what you are willing to try / feel you need based on new science...etc so like your senolytic's like Resveratrol, Fisetin & Quercertin... RBS has a good selection of the latest molecules to investigate if they are right for you.   

Newage

Post by Newage »

Mybonnyblue wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:44 pm first time posting a topic.  tried looking for something similar thats already been posted, but couldnt find one. 

Hi Mybonnyblue.
The Possibility of Cognitive Decline as we age is a tricky one and as you say.. it can be Genetic.
In saying that at 53 years of age it seems young to be experiencing major symptoms.
Do some research on a Supplement called Calcium Beta- Hydroxy- Beta- Methylbutyrate Monohydrate.. (HMB for short) and see what you think!
Three Grams per day spread out evenly over waking hours 
(3 x 1 gram tablets) with water..
This supplement also has the added advantage of Muscle Mass Protection as we age.
As with everything, you need to do your own homework to form an opinion.. :idea:

vauss88

Post by vauss88 »

Besides the suggestion already made, you might consider investigating minerals that are often deficient in the elderly, like magnesium, selenium, and zinc. Also something with coq10.

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

vauss88 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:54 pm

Besides the suggestion already made, you might consider investigating minerals that are often deficient in the elderly, like magnesium, selenium, and zinc. Also something with coq10.

Great suggestions @vauss88

All good areas to make sure we cover.

Also an area I have recently tried to improve as well, like an electrolyte mix with "magnesium" as the first thing I drink (it's like part of the "Huberman protocol") in a morning to my routine. In addition I recently switched .250mg of my NAD+ protocol to the RBS SLC NMN formulation. Largely due to it having 20mg of "Zinc" and a bonus of 100mg TMG.
Newage

Post by Newage »

During and after the Covid “so called crisis” I take as part of my daily regimen a good quality multivitamin containing Selenium along with individually taking “extra” Magnesium, Vitamin D and Zinc along with many more minerals.
I also take an Amino Acid formula emphasising “Taurine” first thing on waking on an empty stomach….   :cry:
I don’t drink Coffee but I trickle small amounts of Caffeine into my body up until about 3 or 4 pm.
There was a study some time ago suggesting the benefits of this both physically and cognitively..
Any edge against cognitive issues as you age is a milestone.
At 70 plus, I’m often told I’m as sharp as a 📌
Do your own homework on this….  :idea:

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yep, Ive read this too Newage. Rock on with your bad self! :lol:

Mybonnyblue

Post by Mybonnyblue »

Great info guys.  Thanks for taking the time.  I’m constantly tweaking, usually dependent on the time of yr, and being in North Texas, our allergens are atrocious!

Im going to try some of those test to see what comes up.
biohacker45

Post by biohacker45 »

A good idea is to get blood work done to see what vitamins and minerals you may be deficient in. Next, you want to establish your goals. For example, are you looking to increase your lifespan, raise testosterone, or optimize sleep? For myself, I take vitamin D3, NMN, resveratrol, creatine, magnesium threonate, fish oil, and zinc every day. At 53, I would highly recommend starting with both NMN and resveratrol. Here's an article on the supplements Dr. Andrew Huberman takes. I use both him and Dr. Sinclair to help build my stack. Huberman even said on the Joe Rogan podcast that he uses Renue's pure powder NMN in the morning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic