Healthy Aging News and ResearchNew Study: 29% Improvement In Alzheimer’s Disease?!

jocko6889

New Study: 29% Improvement In Alzheimer’s Disease?!

Post by jocko6889 »

A new human trial shows a 29% improvement in the cognitive abilities of Alzheimer's Disease patients when they were given a combination of 4 supplements, however the findings hint that this combination may have cognitive benefits for those without Alzheimer's as well.

The 4 supplements used in the trial were:
  • L-Serine, 12 grams
  • Nicotinamide Riboside, 1 gram
  • N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), 2.5 grams
  • L-carnitine, 3.5 grams
The standard approach for treating Alzheimer's has been to attempt to lower the buildup of amyloid proteins in the brain, but this approach has failed to show any cognitive benefits in human trials.

The new approach uses what are known as "combined metabolic activators". This combination could be helpful in a new theory of Alzheimer's disease, namely that Alzheimer's is closely linked to metabolic disorders, mitochondrial dysfunction, and oxidative stress, all of which can lead to neurodegeneration.

The new treatment can target multiple pathways at the same time. Previous research has identified reduced glutathione levels in Alzheimer's patients and glutathione is a powerful antioxidant.

Nicotinamide Riboside or NMN increase NAD+ levels and NAD+ is central to our metabolism. Finally, L-carnitine helps with fatty acid metabolism. Combining these 4 supplements supports our metabolism at multiple different levels.

For more, watch Dr. Brad Stanfield's new video on this topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWM5pyooBBg&t=5s

drkris69

Re: New Study: 29% Improvement In Alzheimer’s Disease?!

Post by drkris69 »

That's a very cool study. Thanks Jocko. I will print this one and bring it to my office. ;)

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

Very interesting results, more than a few standard deviations.

Besides this and i assume liver benefits? what is the big deal with NAC?
Newage

Post by Newage »

Chatahurya wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:14 am Very promising research. I think they will also be useful for people who don't have the disease. Thank you for the information

Lions Mane Mushrooms to help with anything Brain related along with having many other positive benefits.
Onward with “shrooming”
Hey DrKris….   :o

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there mate, yes and keep shrooming its good stuff! :D

ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

That is a lot of L-Serine. 12 grams. But i think that one has to get radical to combat brain impairment.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

ChrisBON wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:14 pm That is a lot of L-Serine. 12 grams. But i think that one has to get radical to combat brain impairment.

I agree here. With Alzheimer's you are fighting a constellation of potential issues, while no one thing seems to actually be the cause.

I may try this combo just to see if i can feel a difference.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

This would be helpful to those who have a family history of Alzheimer's, they would benefit from taking those supplements. Be proactive and start early!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

drkris69 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:35 pm This would be helpful to those who have a family history of Alzheimer's, they would benefit from taking those supplements. Be proactive and start early!

I agree, and I act as if i am very likely going to get it if i don't fight hard to protect my brain. It can come with no family history, it can also come  early.

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

Very good. In my book, just like cancer, I think the nbest approach is to assume you are going to get it and fight tooth and nail to reverse it and prevent it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic