SenolyticsFisetin is a senotherapeutic that extends health and lifespan

biohacker112

Fisetin is a senotherapeutic that extends health and lifespan

Post by biohacker112 »

"Senescence is a tumor suppressor mechanism activated in stressed cells to prevent replication of damaged DNA. Senescent cells have been demonstrated to play a causal role in driving aging and age-related diseases using genetic and pharmacologic approaches. We previously demonstrated that the combination of dasatinib and the flavonoid quercetin is a potent senolytic improving numerous age-related conditions including frailty, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease. The goal of this study was to identify flavonoids with more potent senolytic activity.

Of the 10 flavonoids tested, fisetin was the most potent senolytic. Acute or intermittent treatment of progeroid and old mice with fisetin reduced senescence markers in multiple tissues, consistent with a hit-and-run senolytic mechanism. Fisetin reduced senescence in a subset of cells in murine and human adipose tissue, demonstrating cell-type specificity. Administration of fisetin to wild-type mice late in life restored tissue homeostasis, reduced age-related pathology, and extended median and maximum lifespan."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6197652/

OzSport

Re: Fisetin is a senotherapeutic that extends health and lifespan

Post by OzSport »

Interesting stuff! I was curious as to where else it occurs naturally, and found this link where it lists some "superfoods" that have it (some already listed in the study):
https://www.alzheimers.net/best-fruits- ... lzheimers/
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I take a gram of Blueberry concentrate daily. I wonder how much Fisetin is in that?
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

CeeJayBee wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:57 pm I take a gram of Blueberry concentrate daily. I wonder how much Fisetin is in that?
There are more in strawberry than blue berry
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

CeeJayBee wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:57 pm I take a gram of Blueberry concentrate daily. I wonder how much Fisetin is in that?
I remember it is around 3 kilo of strawberry you can get ~1 g fisetin, I might be wrong but should be around this number
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks for that AlbertY, Yes I love my berries daily.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:29 pm Thanks for that AlbertY, Yes I love my berries daily.
Like you drkris69, I consume a lot of beneficial berries daily. Predominantly Blueberries but three kilos of Strawberries daily would be a problem. :lol:
Thank heavens for supplements..
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

AlbertY wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:51 pm
I remember it is around 3 kilo of strawberry you can get ~1 g fisetin, I might be wrong but should be around this number
Also, i am allergic to strawberries. I can have one, but after that my face gets itchy... same with apples. With apples i can have one wedge.

Blueberries are great. I am content with the concentrate also.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

3 kilos of anything would be nuts!
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:21 am 3 kilos of anything would be nuts!
Yeah... The point is people shouldn't expect too much for getting these supplements from natural food. I always just enjoy the food and take the supplement pill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic