Healthy Aging News and ResearchUnlocking the Fountain of Youth: Dietary Supplement Reverses Aging by Countering Menin Loss

jocko6889

Unlocking the Fountain of Youth: Dietary Supplement Reverses Aging by Countering Menin Loss

Post by jocko6889 »

The hypothalamus is a small gland in the brain that plays a significant role in regulating many physiological processes, including aging.  A new study shows that a dietary amino acid supplement called l-serine can reverse aging by countering a decline in hypothalamic menin.

Menin is a protein in the hypothalamus that inhibits neuroinflammation, reductions in bone loss and skin thickness.  Scientists found that increasing levels of menin in older mice improved skin thickness, bone mass, as well as increasing learning, cognition, and balance.

"We speculate that the decline of Menin expression in the hypothalamus with age may be one of the driving factors of aging, and Menin may be the key protein connecting the genetic, inflammatory, and metabolic factors of aging. D-serine is a potentially promising therapeutic for cognitive decline."

D-serine can be made in the body from L-serine supplements.  Read the full article at the link below.
https://neurosciencenews.com/menin-agin ... sal-22808/

drkris69

Re: Unlocking the Fountain of Youth: Dietary Supplement Reverses Aging by Countering Menin Loss

Post by drkris69 »

I might have to get my hands on some of this D-serine. Turning 54 this yr and find it is starting to get difficult for me remembering certain things such as facts about patients that I deal with on a day to day basis. My recall is diminishing. :(

CeeJayBee

Re: Unlocking the Fountain of Youth: Dietary Supplement Reverses Aging by Countering Menin Loss

Post by CeeJayBee »

So this supplement is targeting brain again?

Has it already been taken for other reasons safely?
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

CeeJayBee wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:25 pm So this supplement is targeting brain again?

Has it already been taken for other reasons safely?

seems to cover a few important items:

Menin is a protein in the hypothalamus that inhibits neuroinflammation, reductions in bone loss and skin thickness.  Scientists found that increasing levels of menin in older mice improved skin thickness, bone mass, as well as increasing learning, cognition, and balance.

ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

I need to start using a second shelf in my fridge.

I am glaD I see real results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic