NMNNMN for Dogs, some observations and results

Boxcost

NMN for Dogs, some observations and results

Post by Boxcost »

Our family dog is a miniature poodle, turning 15 this year. She has started to collect a few health issues over the past 4 years including removing tumors 2019 and again in 2021, diagnosed and taking medication for cushing's disease has cataracts (poor thing is pretty blind now) and arthritis. 

I started giving her CBD treats for the anti-tumor affects, a bit of an anti-inflammatory affect in 2019. She seems to respond well is a little more mobile and the tumors have slowed / stopped. I had been considering NMN in 2020 but was concerned about the potential risks with NMN and cancer. After her second operation in 2021 and more research  showing NMN was actually helpful vs the originally scare research (mouse genetically engineered to get cancer and given HUGE amounts of NMN) we decided to give NMN a go!

Giving our dog NMN late 2021 there were no formulations for dog so I went with RBS NMN powder, started mixing the NMN in with food (have to cover it good, not a tasty thing!) approx 125mg about 5 days a week, I noticed initially she was having longer deep restful sleeps. So for just over 1 year on NMN powder the results were great, she had more energy, jumps up and down like a puppy sometimes, vet said she was very robust!

Then beginning of this year RBS released the pet formulation, finally and thank you!  The RBS pet NMN chews we have since been giving her are easy to dose and have a lot of other great ingredients (our vet was impressed!), but after initially eating the first few, she the fussy dog she is, ended up me needing to crumble it and sprinkle a little cheese on it. There have been a few breaks from NMN all along (I forget, some travel no one else picks it up) and she is notable moving "older", slow to get going, even did not want to go for a walk once. On NMN she is quick to get moving after resting / sleeping and definitely goes on her walks with gusto, bouncing and running along with the excitement of a puppy dog and very cute, for a 15year old with all those health issues I think its impressive :D

Looks like a new tastier formulation is out, so just took advantage of the RBS weekend deal and loaded up more for our little precious family member :)

Last edited by Boxcost on Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newage

Re: NMN for Dogs, some observations and results

Post by Newage »

“Woof Woof” Boxcost.
Great news about your little 4 legged family member. RenueByScience obviously put as much Research and Science into their Pet Care Product Range as they do with the Human Supplements. Fifteen Years old is a good innings for your little dog 🐶 and by the sounds of it there are many good years left…
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Received the latest formula of the RBS Pet Chews, liked the addition of Fish Oil + our very fussy little family member eat it without much fuss  - a much improved taste!  Job done :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

Boxcost wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:11 pm Received the latest formula of the RBS Pet Chews, liked the addition of Fish Oil + our very fussy little family member eat it without much fuss  - a much improved taste!  Job done :D

I’m suspecting you may have had a little taste of the Chews also Boxcost. Just to satisfy your inquisitive side… lol 😂
I expect there would be nothing in them that would negatively effect a human…
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Newage wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:33 am
Boxcost wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:11 pm Received the latest formula of the RBS Pet Chews, liked the addition of Fish Oil + our very fussy little family member eat it without much fuss  - a much improved taste!  Job done :D

I’m suspecting you may have had a little taste of the Chews also Boxcost. Just to satisfy your inquisitive side… lol 😂
I expect there would be nothing in them that would negatively effect a human…

LOL yeah, if anything all the goodies in there are good for a human   :lol:

lizz

Post by lizz »

There is no reason not to go with this, they love it so much....And just as an added benefit I've been giving it to my 11 year old kitty with a heart murmur (HCM) for 4 months and her last blood test for stretch and strain of the heart muscle was massively improved. Almost too good to be true but that is all I can think of for now. It was the only change I made.  Thank you RBS ! :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

lizz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:08 pm There is no reason not to go with this, they love it so much....And just as an added benefit I've been giving it to my 11 year old kitty with a heart murmur (HCM) for 4 months and her last blood test for stretch and strain of the heart muscle was massively improved. Almost too good to be true but that is all I can think of for now. It was the only change I made.  Thank you RBS ! :D

Woof,Woof.  lizz.    :lol:

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Newage wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:53 pm
lizz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:08 pm There is no reason not to go with this, they love it so much....And just as an added benefit I've been giving it to my 11 year old kitty with a heart murmur (HCM) for 4 months and her last blood test for stretch and strain of the heart muscle was massively improved. Almost too good to be true but that is all I can think of for now. It was the only change I made.  Thank you RBS ! :D

Woof,Woof.  lizz.    :lol:

Maybe Meow, Meow. Newage :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic