FastingWhen is best to take NMN, NAD+ and NAD optimizers?

biohacker112

When is best to take NMN, NAD+ and NAD optimizers?

Post by biohacker112 »

Hi! I do resistance training, HIIT and Intermittent fasting. When is best to take NMN, NAD+ and NAD optimizers? Is it necessary to take all three? Is it more beneficial to take them at different times? Does it make a difference as to when you take them in relation to fasting, or before or after training or before sleep? What are the mort common reported benefits? Will intermittent fasting increase the bed if it’s? Are there any common negative experiences? 🙏Thank you G

indigo27

Re: When is best to take NMN, NAD+ and NAD optimizers?

Post by indigo27 »

NAD+ levels peak around noon. I believe it is best to work with the natural Circadian rhthym and time NAD+ booster intake to match. For me, that means NAD+ in the morning, and NMN or NAD+ pre and post exercise, which I’m able to schedule around 11 am.
The NAD optimizers reduce inflammation, increase internal NAD+ production, and nitric oxide production throughout the day. I don’t believe the timing is as important. I ususally take mine in the morning, but sometimes in the evening.
I only eat between 4-6 pm each day, and use sauna after exercise - all timed to maximize NAD+ levels at noon or soon after.
Most common negative report is trouble going to sleep, similar to drinking too much coffee. A few people have reported headaches.
Most people avoid taking any NAD+ boosters in the evening, although some report it doesn’t interfere with sleep.
LuigiD

Post by LuigiD »

I do Intermittent fasting and start eating at 2 P.M and that is when I take my NAD+ Optimizers, I personally don't notice a difference when it is taken at different times of day. I've taken it for a week only at night and same only at around noon and I noticed no noticeable difference.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

As far as side effects go, there doesn’t seem to be too many reported. I’ve read of upset stomach from taking NMN. I have experienced upset stomach but so extremely mild that I can neither confirm or deny the root cause of them. I have noticed my sleep has been disturbed mildly as well and am curious if this is due to taking NMN before bed. I take NMN throughout the day, 125 mg doses from sun up to sun down even during my fasted state. I don’t believe this effects my fast as there are no calories involved. (Considering some people drink black coffee during their fast, I don’t see a small dose on NMN having any adverse side effects)
JL777

Post by JL777 »

I take my MNM and Nad+ 3 times a day , Morning ,Afternoon and right before bed. I have increased energy and sleep like a baby, also I have started taking the Nad optimizers. this is the BEST I have felt in a long time. thanks ALIVE By Nature.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

I take NMN at night after supper, so far so good, knock on wood!
Newage

Post by Newage »

I read somewhere early in my research that NMN is best taken in line with the natural circadian cycles which then mimic’s natural production.
Those times are around 10am to peak in the body about 12 and then as late as you can just before bed inline with the 2nd natural peak in the very early morning at around 1am or so.
Any forum information or comments on this?
catalinaisland

Post by catalinaisland »

I’ve just started with NMN, NAD and NAD nasal spray.

I’m 135 lbs, female and been taking it as follows:

125 mg NMN morning and night (about 8:00 pm)
125 mg NAD morning and night (about 8:00 pm)
2 sprays each nostril NAD nasal spray morning and around noon

I take both with full fat yogurt (like Dr. Sinclair mentioned in his Joe Rogan podcast).

I’ve noticed the following:

I sleep much more deeply and it’s restorative.

I’ve had really weird dreams.

I’ve had more physical and mental energy to get through the day.

I’ve got bloating or weight gain that I can’t explain.

I had worse middlschmerz pain.

My cold tolerance seems to have improved.

Can anyone give insight on the weight gain?

As background, I have had pretty intense fatigue for a long time after a car accident and nothing I did could seem to provide deep restorative sleep (including alternative and Rx prescriptions). I can’t emphasize that enough. I really feel like (and probably have) slept deeply for the first time in years and I’m so grateful.

The weight gain is sudden and I really can’t work that one out. Everything I’ve read on this indicates I should be losing weight not gaining it. It might be bloating but there’s really no reason for that either. Do I need to increase water intake? Any ideas?

I’ll reread the posts on NAD and circadian rhythms, and if anyone has a reference on that, please provide a link.

I’m aware that male and female circadian rhythms are NOT the same, and that can have HUGE consequences for timing of drugs and medication, so I’d like any and all references on this topic, please.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

The weight gain could be related to the previous injury. Not knowing everything about your health history and car accident you might be experiencing a detox related to the increased NAD levels. I would recommend that you increase your water to help flush the body. If your hydration has not be excellent then your body has no way of getting rid of the toxins so it stores them in fat. Using an alkaline water will increase the rate of the detox and you should start seeing the weight reduce within a couple days. If it doesnt then there is something else going on and it needs to be evaluated further.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

It does seem a bit strange that an effect of NMN or NAD would be weight gain... Is there anything else that has changed in your diet or daily routine? It might be worth having blood work done to better pin point where something might be out of whack. This can show you your glycogen, cholesterol, triglyceride and A1C levels which play a factor in wight management. If these levels are fine it could be just water retention as well..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic