NutritionNutrition science is broken. This new egg study shows why

Drdavid

Re: Nutrition science is broken. This new egg study shows why

Post by Drdavid »

Your egg diet shows that somethings are healthy even when they may appear unhealthy. Many times a journal prints research that has looked at an individual item and not the whole. As your experience shows you eating eggs on a regular basis has not increased your bad cholesterol. When evaluating research it is important to look at the whole body of research and then look at the clinical side and see if the two match.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Genetics go a long way in controlling cholesterol levels and we certainly do need specific amounts to manufacture hormones..
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Newage wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:13 pm Genetics go a long way in controlling cholesterol levels and we certainly do need specific amounts to manufacture hormones..
Definitely agree, genetics can play a huge part - I've spoken to several colleagues at work about cholesterol levels, and we can't really find a pattern...we've got people who are super fit with great diets but still have some cholesterol issues, while others who aren't as fit with no issues! I guess the key is to find what works for you and to monitor regularly to see what works and what doesn't, and adjust accordingly.
Newage

Post by Newage »

OzSport. I have a theory that modern day “stress” along with lifestyle choices and genetics have as much, if not far more to do with elevated cholesterol levels.
Using our extreme cold climate populations as an example. They have exceptionally high levels of saturated fats in their diet but still have among the lowest cholesterol levels and cardiovascular disease.???
This may be where genetics come into play?Although they have very low exposure to “City” stressful situations on a day to day basis.
Possibly the extreme cold plays a hand in it also.
I will go for “ The modern day stress factor” as the major culprit. :twisted:
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:44 pm OzSport. I have a theory that modern day “stress” along with lifestyle choices and genetics have as much, if not far more to do with elevated cholesterol levels.
Using our extreme cold climate populations as an example. They have exceptionally high levels of saturated fats in their diet but still have among the lowest cholesterol levels and cardiovascular disease.???
This may be where genetics come into play?Although they have very low exposure to “City” stressful situations on a day to day basis.
Possibly the extreme cold plays a hand in it also.
I will go for “ The modern day stress factor” as the major culprit. :twisted:
Lol. Take a person from the city out of their bubble and out then in the arctic circle and I bet they stress out way more! But I do agree that modern day stress plays a MASSIVE part in cholesterol levels rising and cardiovascular disease. Cortisol levels alone cause a massive detriment to the body’s chemistry.

It’s good to mention that mental stress could be just as important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle as physical health.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic