NAD+NAD+ Dosage

jocko6889

NAD+ Dosage

Post by jocko6889 »

What would be the recommended NAD+ daily for a 32-year old weighing 70kg. Daily or with breaks? And maybe I didn’t read well, but what is the difference between Pure NAD+ powder and NMN?

guest1576

Re: NAD+ Dosage

Post by guest1576 »

jocko6889 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:38 pm What would be the recommended NAD+ daily for a 32-year old weighing 70kg. Daily or with breaks? And maybe I didn’t read well, but what is the difference between Pure NAD+ powder and NMN?
Previously, we agreed with the consensus that NAD+ boosters don't help much for young, healthy people, as their bodies were able to sustain NAD+ levels. Below 35-40 seemed to be spending money with little need. But Dr Sinclair has recently said that mice given NMN in early adulthood are healthier and live longer than control group. Surely it is less important at a younger age, but you might get some benefit at 32 - especially if you are in poor health or have a lifestyle that puts more stress on your NAD levels. Lack of sleep, too much alcohol, stress or overweight being important factors.
Aturner86

Post by Aturner86 »

Can you take NAD with NMN?
Pilgrim79

Post by Pilgrim79 »

I have been taking the NAD+ powder (12 gram jar) 4-6 times a day since June 19, 2019. It is easily applied with a little scoop that comes with the jar, which works out to about every 4 hours in 24 hours, the middle of the night dose is generally no problem at 3 am-ish anyway. Very quick to take, dissolves under your tongue in like 5-6 minutes.

So here is a recap of today: Up at 7:30 am, breakfast, then started working around the house doing semi-major upgrade projects with lumber & tools, fairly heavy labor. Break for lunch at noon, vegged for about an hour checking out the world on my computer screen in office, which I recently upgraded the same way - I had the energy to do it! Started working projects again early afternoon, also then a late afternoon run to Home Depot to pick up 4x4x10 treated post for next project, jacking up porch and replacing a column that had rotted out over time causing a sagging roof-line on the house side portico. Will tackle that tomorrow or the next day. (several days later, finished project). I’m losing a little weight, 10 lbs over last two months, and generally have the energy and will to basically be productive All day long, evening TV or books, and then bed at 11 pm or so. Three months ago, I barely had energy to drag myself to my home office!

I don’t know about you, but I don’t have time to wait for the 10 year human studies to take place. The NAD+ has been a life changer for me!
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Pilgrim79

It sounds like you are sold on the benefits of NAD+. You seem to be experiencing almost all the benefits that have been defined in the research. I do have a couple questions if you wouldn’t mind answering them:
1. Have your sleep patterns changed (sleeping deeper, shorter, longer, waking up more)?
2. Are you having more intense dreams now that you are taking NAD+?
3. Have you noticed any change in memory or clarity of thought?
4. Have you altered anything in your lifestyle that would help you lose weight (food, exercise)?

Thank you in advance for your help. With the benefits that you are experiencing you might consider adding the NAD+/AMPK Activator to you regimen. This product will help your body produce more NAD+ naturally and add some additional benefits. If you have any questions please let me know.
Thank you again for your time.
Pilgrim79

Post by Pilgrim79 »

Hello,and I'd be happy to answer your questions.
1. My sleep patterns have changed - I do sleep better, generally. I was originally taking the 4 doses a day of the powder, and not taking it at bedtime (I was afraid I'd be too energetic to sleep - wrong.) I now take the powder 5-7 times a day, including roughly 3 am, right back to sleep, no problem.
2. No, I do not have intense dreams now. No change there whatsoever.
3. Since I use the NAD+ nasal spay too, yes I do see a very positive difference in memory and focus. However, before the spray I had taken the NAD+ powder alone (at least a couple of months before starting the spray and did not notice a difference in memory recall or focus during this time).
4. My lifestyle has been dramatically altered by energy increases and thus I am my old active self. I feel much better than before trying the NAD+ powder. For about a year and a half I used The NR supplementation, and found it to be an improvement; Then used NMN for about a month, and found it better than NR for energy. Then I started taking NAD+ and my life came back to greet me. I think over this two year NR, NMN, NAD+ supplementation, I have lost at least 15 to 20 pounds. Effortlessly as I was not particularly trying to lose weight. I am just more active!

I will read the research on the NAD+/AMPK Activator, and then might have a question for you. And you are welcome!
Pilgrim79

Post by Pilgrim79 »

;) I see your point. Thank you!
vandan

Post by vandan »

I have just started NAD+ (Aug 16) after 9 months of NMN oral and then sublingual. I felt the result of the NMN had been platauing though fantastic. I have immediately noticed greater appetite suppression with the NAD+ and I the juries out on the skeletal muscle growth.

The reason I started taking NMN (to treat my vision loss) has been vindicated with the NAD+ even further. I will keep monitoring closely.

Dan
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Pilgrim79,
Thank you for your answers. I am amazed at the results you are receiving from the product. I use NAD+ IV in the clinic and see similar results. Please continue to monitor your improvements and if possible perform some brain games once per month and track your scores. Please keep us informed and remember we are here to help you.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Vandan,
Thank you for the update! Hearing your results with the NAD+ is exciting especially since you just started. I am interested to hear more about the vision loss and has your opthomologist documented the changes in vision? As far as growth in skeletal muscle what I have seen has been lean muscle mass increases and significant strength increase. I would love to hear frequent updates on the progress and I am here to help if you need it. Thank you again for sharing your results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic