FastingWhen Fasting Gets Tough, the Tough Immune Cells Get Going—or Die

Drdavid

Re: When Fasting Gets Tough, the Tough Immune Cells Get Going—or Die

Post by Drdavid »

Understanding IF and then experiencing IF are two separate concepts. As you mentioned late night snacks are more about habit then necessity. If you just decide to do it and start you will be amazed at your results. Although it sounds difficult the path is no difficult. 10 days and you won’t look back. Give it a shot!

Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Completely agree. Habits seem like the hardest thing to break at the time. Especially if you're not fully invested in changing. however if you want to make change and are excited about it, in this case committing to IF, its actually pretty easy when you want to do it.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Many times the commitment comes to late. Diabetes, cancer diagnosis then changes occur. If we could only teach people prevention is the path to longevity we could change the world.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

This is what segregates most middle class from most lower class citizens. I wont blanket everyone in this group but I believe for the most part it is true, as I see it first hand being a first responder. Theres a reason for a better quality of life for the people that want change because they prioritize it and make it happen. I respond to calls way too frequently of the same people making the same poor choices and staring death in the face week after week.

I couldn't stress enough the importance to prioritize your health at the top.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Unfortunately in the United States we have failed to make health a priority and instead picked a path of monetary gain. We have allowed large corporations to make billions by selling unhealthy products disguised as time saving or allowed harmful chemicals into the food supply to increase buying habits or allowed high fructose corn syrup into almost everything to spur addiction. All of this and much more make it cheap to buy unhealthy foods and further declines the health of America. You have to decide your health is more important and put your money into that part of your budget or suffer the consequences. NAD+ is another part of that health cycle and is worth the spend.
FitandHealthyinAZ

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

No doubt that there is an enthusiasm for Intermittent Fasting. What often isn't considered is the effect on athletic performance? Here's a study that knocks some of the widespread anecdotal evidence out of the box. The bottom line - which is basic common sense is - "Fasting can compromise your performance as a result of insufficient energy and carbohydrate intake for speed or endurance, as well as reduced concentration and/or skill." If you're in a weight room or on a basketball court or ball field, you'll need to consider your fasting options wisely. https://bit.ly/2kDEzcl
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I hear what you're saying but, but I have also heard the argument that being in a fasted stat can put you in a state of mental clarity. I will say from experience I have my very best workouts in the morning which happens to be when I am most fasted. I feel more focused, I push myself harder. This may just be due to the fact I am well rested, but it also may be due to the fact I am fasted. I am also usually in ketosis and do not rely on carbohydrates for fuel which are known to cause highs and lows in ones energy levels throughout the day. I can only speak for myself on this one but I feel fantastic in a fasted state, physically and mentally.
Newage

Post by Newage »

It goes back to early times when “ To eat the rabbit you first had to catch the rabbit”
There was not a supermarket on every corner.
The natural body and mind process is to become more alert and agile the longer you go without food.( To then catch the food)
All within reason...
Makes sense 🏃‍♂️
Asclepius

Post by Asclepius »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:38 pm I hear what you're saying but, but I have also heard the argument that being in a fasted stat can put you in a state of mental clarity. I will say from experience I have my very best workouts in the morning which happens to be when I am most fasted. I feel more focused, I push myself harder. This may just be due to the fact I am well rested, but it also may be due to the fact I am fasted. I am also usually in ketosis and do not rely on carbohydrates for fuel which are known to cause highs and lows in ones energy levels throughout the day. I can only speak for myself on this one but I feel fantastic in a fasted state, physically and mentally.
Tbh while i've been doing IF i've noticed that I perform better for weights after eating - IF did cause me low energy initially and you have to adjust your eating to accommodate foods that are healthy and will provide sustained energy.

IF paired up with some supplements can help compensate but I think that's the tradeoff - longevity vs short-term buff body.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:38 pm will say from experience I have my very best workouts in the morning which happens to be when I am most fasted. I feel more focused, I push myself harder.
I haven't yet gotten into the habit of IF, but I do find on the days where I skip breakfast, I do feel much better. I just have to work on making it a consistent habit, my next goal!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic