NMNWhat research is being done to show the effects of NMN on the human body?

Rob1

What research is being done to show the effects of NMN on the human body?

Post by Rob1 »

I have read that NMN can stimulate blood vessel growth and boost endurance in mice, but I am wondering what others have read and know about current studies. What are scientists today saying about this molecule and what is it truly capable of doing? Or is it too soon to say?

Newage

Re: What research is being done to show the effects of NMN on the human body?

Post by Newage »

From my own personal experience, NMN has largely a positive effect on blood vessel growth and repair.
Prior to starting on NMN I was having serious problems with one leg. A high degree of pain and numbness along with diminished strength and power. The medical prognosis was for me to see a vascular surgeon.
I put off seeing the surgeon and began taking NMN hoping to see a positive outcome.
After four months on Alive By Nature NMN I now have a 90 percent improvement in the problem leg and I expect it to be 100 percent in the foreseeable future.
An exceptional outcome for me, taking into account the circumstances.
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

There are a lot of human trial results for NMN as far as I know:
2016 Keio University Study – UMIN000021309
2017 Keio University Study – UMIN000030609 Phase 2, 8 weeks, 30 subjects
2017 Hiroshima University Study – UMIN000025739 24 weeks, 20 subjects, 100 & 200mg
2017 University of Washington Study – 8 weeks, 50 subjects
2017 Sinclair Metrobio study – Phase 1
check these out!
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Newage

Post by Newage »

Studies are great for reference and definitely need to be referred to but do not always answer the questions that the individual is asking and as DrDavid noted ,we sometimes “can not see the forest for the trees” when it comes to supplements and other prescription medicine.
Everyone has different results so the undeniable proof is what’s happening in the individuals own body before and after supplementation.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

The research being done currently is excellent and will further document the physiological pathways that are influenced by NMN. Many times these projects are initial paths to drug research. Big pharma is always interested in a compound that provides reliable results. Once results are documented the compound is studied for the active part and then designed so it can be patented. Statins are a perfect example of how this works.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Newage wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:06 pm Studies are great for reference and definitely need to be referred to but do not always answer the questions that the individual is asking and as DrDavid noted ,we sometimes “can not see the forest for the trees” when it comes to supplements and other prescription medicine.
Everyone has different results so the undeniable proof is what’s happening in the individuals own body before and after supplementation.
The problem with that approach, is that it is essentially anecdotal in nature and all that can really happen is that it becomes a fad.

To get real money for development and real recognition and authority you need to do the double blind studies, get peer reviews, do the science. If you don't, you just look like you are joining a long line of snake oil.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Point taken Smokinjoe! I totally agree that studies and research are paramount in understanding the benefits and transition of this wonderful molecule NMN.
Have a look at the post by “Toriamac” on Sunday the 1st September under “Why do I take NMN” and it may reinforce the power of personal belief and the benefits obtained by a fellow 70 year old.
Newage

Post by Newage »

It should also be noted that a lot of elderly people out there looking to improve their quality of life in ageing sometimes have to live in the moment and don’t have the option or time to wait for a lot of these studies and trials to come to fruition.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Although I am a believer in research I also think that many times the tools aren’t available for the research to begin or be accurate. If we waited on research for everything then many items would never be used. Acupuncture for example has been around for thousands of years but has only been studied within the last 100 years. Still today we don’t really have agreement in the scientific or medical world of how or if it works. Yet, I can say with certainty that acupuncture does provide benefits for thousands of patients.
It is wonderful to see research being done on NAD+ but I am not going to wait for peer reviewed research to start using such a wonderful product.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Well said DrDavid.
I could not have expressed my views any better.
On the acupuncture debate l had a friend with Trigeminal Neuralgia who had suffered for 10 or so years with intense facial nerve pain.
Prescription medication for the condition as you know generally can help slightly unfortunately with the possible side effects of walking around like a zombie.
I knew and old Chinese Acupuncturist who had trained for most of his life in China and was one of the only practitioners with drug free results for Trigeminal Neuralgia.
The condition comes in cycles and with not a lot of answers from the Medical Profession I took my friend to the old Chinese Practitioner.
Three treatments over three weeks and he has been free of the condition for nearly 4 years now
Associated word of mouth results...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic