NMNWhy do you take NMN?

NewLifeScience

Re: Why do you take NMN?

Post by NewLifeScience »

I am strictly taking it for longevity - possibly a slight reverse in aging (at 52).

But I am delighted to read about these amazing benefits for some.

evergreen897

Post by evergreen897 »

I've recently been taking NMN and the NAD+ nasal spray. I had trouble sleeping at first and read that taking it too late can keep you up, so I've stopped taking it after dinner and I haven't had a problem since. I do notice an improvement in my workouts. More energy and better recovery time.
FitandHealthyinAZ

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

Initially I began supplementing with NMN right before my 59th birthday as a way to slow the clock with respect to aging. I've been focused on health and fitness since I first walked into my local gym 30 years ago and was looking to enhance recovery since I tend to hit the weights hard. I play on several men's softball teams where the average age is in the late 30's so staying fresh through out double headers was becoming an issue. My NMN supplementation not only has kept me in the game but has shorten my recovery time as well.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Even though I’m rising 70 in real years, I only think like and address day to day issues including training, more like a 30 year old.
By taking NMN, it is bringing the two so much closer together.
Not sure if they will ever meet but I will be happy with, and take any compromise..
Genetics play a big part, but in my personal opinion NMN is the undeniable key.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

It is great to hear about all the results everyone has seen with these products. Has anyone noticed that they have not been sick as often? Especially those of you that are in high contact positions.
Newage

Post by Newage »

I did have symptoms of influenza about a month ago but what was interesting is that I was not bed ridden as you would normally be, but was able to go about my day to day business with what would be described as mild to lower moderate symptoms. Everyone else that I new of that had succumbed to the virus had been out of
commission and in lock down for at least two weeks or more...
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

This is good to hear and supports the research. Hearing these personal stories makes the research become alive.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Pickleball101 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:59 pm Next year is 80. I've pushed through the degenerative disease killing years of 60 to 80, have regained my cognitive and energy levels of my 50's, and plan on blowin' through 100. If you're on the Gulf Coast anytime coming, for awhile, I'd like to challenge you to a game of Pickleball.. Thx, Ben Yglesias
It was great reading your story, Ben. Well done on your pickleball wins!
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Drdavid wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 pm It is great to hear about all the results everyone has seen with these products. Has anyone noticed that they have not been sick as often? Especially those of you that are in high contact positions.
Anecdotally, I have not been sick as often while on NMN! Hopefully, it continues this way - knock on wood! :D
SeanYates

Post by SeanYates »

I was diagnosied with HANDL Syndrome 18 months ago and was (unsuccessfully) being dealt with with a taditional medical approach for migraine.. which we all know is very low quality evidence.

Since then i have slowly introduced
1. a ketogenic diet (above 80% fats and 20-50g carbs a day)
2. intermittant fasting i have tried 16/8, 18/6 5/2 and circadian
3. Sustained fasting (60 hours +)
4. started taking resveratrol
5. started taking NMN
6. started taking metformin
I have also tried
7.cryotherapy
8. sauna and spa use
9. contrast therapy
10. red light therapy
11. other various supplements and modalities

all things have had an impact on myself I am happy to share any experiences I have had with people.

The first batch of NMN i started taking (after about 2 weeks)
seemed to
increase my HRV
increase my deep sleep

these are the 2 areas which i have had the most issues with since being diagnosed.

great to hear all your experiences

Sean
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic