NMNThe Big Picture

Newage

The Big Picture

Post by Newage »

Along with taking NMN and associated products I still believe to experience major benefits and see the big picture we have to be focused on other functions within our body.

1) Gut health.The balance of good to bad bacteria is extremely important.

2) Control High Inflammation levels in the body.

3) Control Oxidation within cells etc.

4) Create an Alkaline system as opposed to Acidic.

Out of balance, all of the above can be strong precursors to disease and create many other symptoms associated with bad health.

Newage

Re: The Big Picture

Post by Newage »

Part of my daily supplement program along with
One gram of NMN is..
High dose Prebiotic and Probiotic
High dose Natural Anti Inflammatory
High dose Natural Antioxidants
At least Two litres of Natural PH Alkaline Water.
All taken Five days on. Two days off.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Also add in the importance of good sleep hygiene, which is so important these days given our tendency to stay up late to watch "just one more episode!", catch up on e-mails, or scroll through social media!

For those not sure of what sleep hygiene is, check this out: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/sleep-hygiene
Newage

Post by Newage »

Thanks OzSport.
I agree, sleep is one of the more important aspects of our health and wellbeing.
A very informative article on sleep hygiene.
As an extremely light sleeper( a cockroach only has to walk across the floor and I will wake up )
I will put it to good use. Hopefully other forum users will benefit from it also.
The 30 min nap advice is relevant, as sleeping any longer can sometimes do more harm than good especially if you drop into a deeper sleep mode.
What works for me is an old fashion cooking manual timer with the alarm bell set on 30 minutes. It is quick and easy..and can be used for car naps when on long drives.
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

I think diet and exercise are the most important, they are "required" and fundamental for longevity and healthy aging. All other supplements just make us better but not necessarily required.
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
toriamac

Post by toriamac »

Newage wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:15 am Part of my daily supplement program along with
One gram of NMN is..
High dose Prebiotic and Probiotic
High dose Natural Anti Inflammatory
High dose Natural Antioxidants
At least Two litres of Natural PH Alkaline Water.
All taken Five days on. Two days off.

What are your "high dose anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants?"
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Gut health is tricky.

have they ever actually proven that the pro-biotics you take actually make it to your intestines and stay there?

lately it seems the only way to get a heathly gut biome is via some form of fecal transplant or ingestion (lovely thought, i know).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_mic ... transplant

Here are some results of a clinical trial : oral capsule vs. coloscopical transplant.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2664458
Newage

Post by Newage »

Along with high quality food products that include antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties, I also take a Turmeric blend that has high levels of the main active ingredient curcumin as a very strong natural anti inflammatory along with a high dose natural Olive Leaf Extract as my powerful antioxidant.
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:02 am Gut health is tricky.
lately it seems the only way to get a heathly gut biome is via some form of fecal transplant or ingestion (lovely thought, i know).

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2664458
:shock:
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic