SenolyticsMayo Clinic Human Trial using Fisetin

rhett

Re: Mayo Clinic Human Trial using Fisetin

Post by rhett »

Interesting. I’m going to give fisetin a try this weekend.

Fred

Post by Fred »

For those interested in fisetin, here´s a new in-depth report on its use in humans as a senolytic:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=775
rhett

Post by rhett »

Excellent writeup, thank you.

FWIW, just took my 2nd dose (following the Mayo study protocol) tonight. For me, that’s 1400mg.

No terrible adverse effects. Had wild dreams last night, sleeping was exhausting. Otherwise not much to report.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Rhett.
As long as you were not having a vivid dream about eating marshmallows and when you woke up one of your pillows was gone... :roll:
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

rhett wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:10 pm No terrible adverse effects. Had wild dreams last night, sleeping was exhausting.
Must be Colorado Fisetin. :lol:

It's been several months since I replicated the Mayo Clinic trial. Feeling brave after reading that latest report on Fisetin, so starting the trial over again today for the second go round.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Good luck with your 2nd time around Fisetin supplementation Jocko.
In the short term I will stick to loading up on Strawberries 🍓 which have one of the higher concentrations of Fisetin, out of all the food groups.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

That senescent cells are responsible for clotting is not new. We've known these cells race to wounds to stop bleeding for some time (the so-called "good" senescent cells). However we didn't know that as we age, senescent cells continue to secrete more and more clotting proteins that can cause diseases like venous thrombosis, a deep blood clot that can be life threatening (see new study below).

Several months ago, I replicated the Mayo Clinic Fisetin study, taking 1,800mg of Fisetin for 2 consecutive days, then repeating for 2 days one month later. This weekend, I started to replicate the study for a second time, taking 1,800mg for 2 consecutive days. What was interesting was that yesterday, I clipped one of my fingernails a bit short and had a tiny drop of blood that I had a hard time getting to stop bleeding. Not quite as bad or life threatening as a hemophiliac but I felt had to be a result of a big reduction of senescent cells in my body. Can you overdo killing senescent cells? In my opinion, unless you bleed out, no.

Cellular senescence is associated with age-related blood clots. Click link below

https://www.buckinstitute.org/news/cell ... ood-clots/
FitandHealthyinAZ

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

CELLULAR SENESCENCE: As we age, we acquire an increasing number of damaged cells. When those cells get to a certain level of damage they go through an aging process of their own - cellular senescence. In order to clear those damaged cells they release inflammatory factors to the immune system. The operative word to me is inflammation since advanced age is associated with a dramatic increase in inflammation which leads to blood clots and in the rates of venous and arterial thrombotic events. From a longevity point of view, I'm of the mind that limiting inflammation and deliberately clearing those senescent cells is a major key to longevity. I just read an animal data study that indicates Fisetin extends health and longevity, I guess one just needs to be careful around sharp objects! https://bit.ly/2n2Sl9s
Newage

Post by Newage »

Restrict inflammation in the body and we are all on the right path to wellness and longevity.
The path to journey on:
Exercise
Anti inflammatory supplements and foods...
Antioxidant supplements and foods..
Restricted calories and intermittent fasting...
Supplementing with NNM and NAD + ...
Bring on a long life, but just as important, a life of quality..🏋️‍♀️🚴🏿‍♀️
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Thanks to my friend Nick Westgate over on the Facebook Fisetin board for finding this. Turns out Fisetin thins the blood and reduces clotting. Not being able to stop the bleeding isn't due to a lack of senescent cells, although killing them is most likely occurring.

"we found that both RVS and fisetin could inhibit the coagulation of human peripheral blood cells".

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26741654
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic