SenolyticsMayo Clinic Human Trial using Fisetin

jocko6889

Mayo Clinic Human Trial using Fisetin

Post by jocko6889 »

Earlier this year, I followed the same protocol used in a human trial of Fisetin at the Mayo Clinic. Fisetin is the most powerful natural senolytic you can get. I buy the PureBulk brand on Amazon, however it comes in a powder and doesn't taste very good (it's made from tree bark). I mix it with 8 oz of OJ and it tastes fine.

Here's the protocol I use, adjusted from the study for a 185 lb man - 1,800mg per day for 2 consecutive days, repeat dose for 2 days one month later.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03675724

glo

Re: Mayo Clinic Human Trial using Fisetin

Post by glo »

I have taken fisetin, capsules from iherb, 1500 mg per day over two days, felt different afterwards as if stuff cleared out, have not taken the second month. Thinking of doing it over 5 days 600 mg per day.

There is the query over methylene blue. Said to get senescent cells hit by progerin to return to normal.
Like feedback from others.
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

jocko6889 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:50 am Earlier this year, I followed the same protocol used in a human trial of Fisetin at the Mayo Clinic. Fisetin is the most powerful natural senolytic you can get. I buy the PureBulk brand on Amazon, however it comes in a powder and doesn't taste very good (it's made from tree bark). I mix it with 8 oz of OJ and it tastes fine.

Here's the protocol I use, adjusted from the study for a 185 lb man - 1,800mg per day for 2 consecutive days, repeat dose for 2 days one month later.

Any reported side-effect?
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

jocko6889 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:50 am Earlier this year, I followed the same protocol used in a human trial of Fisetin at the Mayo Clinic. Fisetin is the most powerful natural senolytic you can get. I buy the PureBulk brand on Amazon, however it comes in a powder and doesn't taste very good (it's made from tree bark). I mix it with 8 oz of OJ and it tastes fine.

“Treatment of progeroid and aged wild-type mice acutely or intermittently with fisetin reduced senescence markers in multiple tissues and a subset of cell types in adipose tissue. Importantly, chronic administration of fisetin to wild-type mice late in life improved tissue homeostasis, suppressed age-related pathology, and extended median and maximum lifespan. This result, similar to a recent report on the combination of D ± Q, is the first to document extension of both health span and lifespan by a senolytic with few side effects, even though administration was started late in life.”

The result in mouse sounds promising.
https://www-sciencedirect-com.ezp-prod1 ... via%3Dihub
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

I checked the brand you bought. It says 50% Fisetin, hmmm. Have you checked Fisetin 500? It is in capsule and more pure (and looks fancy lol). Considering PureBulk only contain 500mg Fisetin/g, it is only 2 times more expensive. (I'm certainly NOT advertising this, just wondering which is a better choice.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

No, I had no side effects from Fisetin. PureBulk is tested by 3rd party labs for purity. Good reputation, which is why I buy from them. Their Fisetin is made from the Cotinus coggygria tree (aka smoke tree) and yes the ground bark contains 50% Fisetin but with OJ the taste is fine.
Deleted User 15772

Post by Deleted User 15772 »

This is super interesting. To me this falls under the “why not” category if it seems that there are no safety concerns around fisetin.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Rbgk wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:59 pm This is super interesting. To me this falls under the “why not” category if it seems that there are no safety concerns around fisetin.
Yes, in fact it's so safe I'm repeating the clinical trial again. It's been about 3-4 months since the first time I tried it. I was hoping to get some guidance from Judith Campisi or other scientists specializing in senolytics regarding how often you can use Fisetin, but nothing so far. So I'm doing a bit of biohacking here but feel it's pretty safe.
rhett

Post by rhett »

Very much considering giving this a try. Any thoughts about using the 50% fisetin vs a higher purity extract? I'm leaning toward an extract considering the large amounts.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

The only difference is the 50% is a better deal and PureBulk is a reputable brand. That's why I buy from them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic