ExerciseVoluntary running can counteract aging!

Newage

Re: Voluntary running can counteract aging!

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:13 pm A little bit off topic but just something that I always follow;
Try not to excessively raise your heart rate within 2-3 hours before bed. It can make it very difficult for your body to produce melatonin and fall asleep. For me I save my intense workouts for the morning or right after work and stretch and do yoga before bed.
A good call Vandevalk. My last daily meal is prior to 5pm as I set myself for my 16 hour overnight intermittent fast and I then do passive exercise like walking etc..up until retiring. Helps in the pre sleep digestion process.

Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Please make sure you seek the advice of your physician prior to increasing your exercise regimen. I dont want to hear about anyone having a heart attack because they were trying to run like a 20 year old.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:36 pm Please make sure you seek the advice of your physician prior to increasing your exercise regimen. I dont want to hear about anyone having a heart attack because they were trying to run like a 20 year old.
Well said DrDavid.
Everything should be noted by your Doctor or Cardiologist prior to increasing training levels..especially as we age.
It would be counterproductive to “fall off the perch” when the objective is to extend your life span.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:36 pm Please make sure you seek the advice of your physician prior to increasing your exercise regimen. I dont want to hear about anyone having a heart attack because they were trying to run like a 20 year old.
I used to be hooked on my treadmill. It can happen, mostly because if you are doing 4-5 kms per run, you are literally bathing all the stress hormones out of your blood and even your brain.

I was also drinking 3-4 cups of coffee each day often before my run... and then is when i encountered a prolapsed valve while running... not a good feeling, it means it pops out backwards. Essentially all the pressure went out of my chest.

I went to see my physician and all he said was "well, stop running after drinking multiple coffees!"

He also ordered an Ultra sound to ensure i didn't do any damage... which fortunately i did not. But that was 16 years ago - i would be far more careful now.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

You have all heard about the patient that comes in and says doctor it hurts when I push on it. The doctor calmly says then stop pushing on it. Although not very helpful it is common sense. These products help us feel younger, can improve strength and recovery but please still be careful and use common sense.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic