LongevityAnnouncing a special WEBINAR with Dr David Sinclair on the 18th of September [recording of the webinar added]

Fred

Announcing a special WEBINAR with Dr David Sinclair on the 18th of September [recording of the webinar added]

Post by Fred »

Leafscience.org will be hosting a webinar through Zoom on the 18th of September at 1 PM EDT. They will be giving away five copies of his book to attendees, and this webinar will be open to the public! When the webinar begins, click the link to join.

https://www.leafscience.org/announcing- ... -sinclair/

Format

-Introductions (5 minutes)

-Dr Sinclair Opener (5 minutes)

-Dr Sinclair Live Reading (15 minutes)

-Live Q&A (30 minutes)

-Giveaway (10 minutes)

-Closing remarks (5 minutes)

About the Book

Lifespan: Why We Age and Why We Don’t Have To

Across the globe, scientists are working on treatments and therapies that are designed to extend healthy human lifespans well beyond what we know today. Will you help educate the world about this coming revolution?

As cells age, they become larger and less capable of reproduction, undergoing changes that eventually result in the loss of cellular identity. For years, scientists have argued about why these changes occur, but popular opinion has coalesced around nine “hallmarks of aging.” But are these hallmarks a cause or a symptom?

In his new book, Lifespan, David Sinclair has proposed a radical new theory of aging, suggesting that the aging hallmarks are symptoms of epigenetic changes that occur over time, but that the original genetic code remains very much intact. Can we reset the code?

About the Author

David Sinclair, PhD, AO is a professor of genetics at Harvard Medical School. One of the leading innovators of his generation, he has been named by Time as “one of the 100 most influential people in the world” and in the top 50 most influential people in healthcare. He is a board member of the American Federation for Aging Research and has received more than 35 awards for his research and major scientific breakthroughs. Dr. Sinclair and his work have been featured on 60 Minutes, Today, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fortune, and Newsweek, among others. He lives in Boston and enjoys hiking and kayaking with his wife and three children. To learn more, visit LifespanBook.com and follow him on Twitter @DavidASinclair.

Last edited by Fred on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fred

Re: Announcing a special WEBINAR with Dr David Sinclair on the 18th of September -Open to the public. Ask your questions

Post by Fred »

Friendly REMINDER. Today is the LIVE webinar for those who wants to ask Dr David Sinclair a question or just watch.

Fred

Re: Announcing a special WEBINAR with Dr David Sinclair on the 18th of September -Open to the public. Ask your questions

Post by Fred »

The recording of the webinar with Dr Sinclair (which I and some others from here attended I believe) is now online:

https://www.facebook.com/lifespanio/vid ... &__tn__=-R
jocko6889

Re: Announcing a special WEBINAR with Dr David Sinclair on the 18th of September [recording of the webinar added]

Post by jocko6889 »

Fred, thank you very much for posting this. I just finished watching David Sinclair's Webinar. Was great to see and hear him live to promote his new book and answer questions. There were only around 100 people who participated, though. I guess the word didn't really get out.

It was encouraging to hear that his new book is already on the top 10 list on Amazon, which is really good for a science book. At the end of the Webinar they raffled off 5 books. During the Webinar he read passages from his book and took questions. I made some notes on the Q&A portion.

Pterostilbene vs Resveratrol - which is better? First off he takes Resveratrol with yogurt every morning. He doesn't know much about Pterostilbene but thinks it's probably effective, too.

Question about TA65, a telamerase activator. He doesn't take telamerase activators.

Sinclair said that in 2 years they will begin cellular reprogramming in humans, resetting the epigenome to a younger age. Reprogramming is needed but we may also need senolytics and possibly telomerase activators. Not entirely sure yet.

NMN vs NR - which is better? Talked some about a recent study showing NR wasn't very effective, gave a couple possible excuses for that but doesn't want to get into the NAD+ booster wars.

Question about possible overpopulation should we cure aging - Sinclair thinks the problem is overblown. Thinks we won't be overpopulated. The UN thinks global population will level out. We will save tons of money not having to care for the elderly, money that we can use elsewhere. We've been able to engineer our way out of problems. Food production is a solvable problem. It's all about consumption - not how many people there are. Best way to solve future problems is to solve aging.

Question on cryopreservation - freezing and reviving ourselves in the future. Process now is brutal and does damage to cells but possible with hydrogen sulfide. Doesn't think we'll need it with advances in cellular reprogramming, though.
What is government role in moving aging treatments forward? To declare aging a disease. FDA is open to that now. Currently aging research funding goes to specific diseases. Alzheimer's gets a lot. There should be a reallocation of funds. Curing Alzheimer's would only extend average life by 17 days.

Question about AV's (virus shells) to deliver yamanaka factors to reprogram cells backward in time. Drawback is AV's don't equally infect all cells but optimistic they will solve the delivery problem soon.
Fred

Re: Announcing a special WEBINAR with Dr David Sinclair on the 18th of September [recording of the webinar added]

Post by Fred »

jocko6889, thank you for that excellent summary. I had the fortune to get three of my questions put forth to Dr Sinclair. I can just add very shortly how he answered to those.
Q: "Dear professor Sinclair, since there is a circadian component to NAD-synthesis in humans…do you think there may be a benefit to splitting the dose of NMN or NR into a morning and evening dose? Or is there any reason to believe that an evening dose may disturb sleep?"
He acknowledged the circadian component of NAD-synthesis and anecdotally said that he experienced worse sleep when dosing to close to bedtime (measured by the Oura ring, which I also use. It´s brilliant).
Q: "I understand that you are friends with the excellent professor Valter Longo. During fasting NAD increases in several tissues. If you did a combination experiment with a fasting-mimicking diet (FMD)+ NMN vs just FMD, would you dose the NMN during the fasting period or the refeeding period? And why?"
He said that he had discussed this with professor Longo when they were in Sicily together but that he has no answer. He said that it would be very interesting to find out and they may do a study on that together.
Q: "I´m reading your book LIFESPAN currently. You mention a difference in endurance between mice on NMN that you didn´t see in mice on NR. Could you speculate why? Is NMN targeting muscle innervation/capillarization with greater efficacy than NR? Thank you."
He doesn´t know why NR did not produce the same results in regards to endurance as NMN but also said that another group showed increased endurance with NR. Speculated on stability issues with NR or too low dosage but he doesn´t know.
Last edited by Fred on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhett

Post by rhett »

A 1pm live webinar is a difficult time for most people who are working. Wish I could have tuned in live, but it just wasn't possible.
Newage

Post by Newage »

More intermittent fasting and calorie restriction
hopefully extending lifespan, will then leave more food to go around if anti ageing and extended longevity come into play, therefore off setting the small chance of overpopulation.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Thanks Fred for the notification and thanks Jocko for the summary!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic