NutritionNatural mTOR-inhibitors for longevity

hazelstella

Re: Natural mTOR-inhibitors for longevity

Post by hazelstella »

Metformin, a common type 2 diabetic treatment, and rapamycin, a prominent anti-rejection drug, have both been proven in a number of model species to have significant anti-aging and anti-cancer benefits. The immune system destroys hair follicles in alopecia, resulting in patches of hair loss on the head and other regions of the body. The hair falling can be treat with hair loss treatment.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Nice find!

I wasn't aware of this discussion all this time ago.

Checks out!
TedB

Post by TedB »

I stopped taking EGCG for some reason.... i seem to recall some risk associated with regular use? 

I am thinking of getting on it again.. but will list any risks i discover in my research here.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

TedB wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:25 pm I stopped taking EGCG for some reason.... i seem to recall some risk associated with regular use? 

I am thinking of getting on it again.. but will list any risks i discover in my research here.

There have been reports of liver or kidney toxicity. I think it could be safe if taken 2-3 times per week or at a lower dose when taking the concentrated extract.

Liver
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5193539/

I couldn't immediately find studies showing Kidney damage. In fact I found a survey of studies showing some benefits.

Kidneys
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/

If i had damage to either organ i would be very careful, perhaps only drinking green tea a few times per week. 

Keep in mind these links are about Green Tea Extract, not EGCG specicifally.
JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

So there is no noticeable effect from using mTor inhibitors, other than increased lifespan and presumably, better health overall?
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

NewLifeScience wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:20 pm
TedB wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:25 pm I stopped taking EGCG for some reason.... i seem to recall some risk associated with regular use? 

There have been reports of liver or kidney toxicity. I think it could be safe if taken 2-3 times per week or at a lower dose when taking the concentrated extract.

Liver
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5193539/

I couldn't immediately find studies showing Kidney damage. In fact I found a survey of studies showing some benefits.

Kidneys
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/

If i had damage to either organ i would be very careful, perhaps only drinking green tea a few times per week. 

Keep in mind these links are about Green Tea Extract, not EGCG specicifally.

Good info, thank you.

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I think i am going to try a 5 day fast.

I don't know if one tapers down at first, or if it is more  'cold turkey'.

I am going to make some soup as i understand there is around 500 calories permitted per day, as long as there isn't too much protein.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Do a Keto diet for 5 - 7 days beforehand so the body gets used to using ketones for fuel instead of glucose. That way it doesn't hit you as hard. 
I do water/black coffee/green tea only fasts.Try to be zero protein to maintain the mTOR inhibition if you do have a few calories.

I couldn't go beyond 36 hours at the first attempt but didn't know the keto diet trick. When I tried the next time after a week of keto I was up to almost 60 hours. Now I can do 4 days which is where I stop. I never tried 5 days - I don't want to be losing muscle mass.
Although there is no way of measuring it, I believe the autophagy must have kicked in by the end of day 3 at the latest. 

If you manage 5 days straight first time you deserve a huge pat on the back for your enormous willpower!!
TedB

Post by TedB »

CeeJayBee wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:51 am I think i am going to try a 5 day fast.

I don't know if one tapers down at first, or if it is more  'cold turkey'.

I am going to make some soup as i understand there is around 500 calories permitted per day, as long as there isn't too much protein.

Wow, that is quite a fast. I see Rob added some good ideas.

I would be very curious how you are doing. Post on here if you need support.
Good luck to you!
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

This is such a good topic. I think we should have a few items 'pinned' to the top. 

1. A clear explanation of the liposomal delivery process
2. mTor inhibitors

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic